Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: So What Was Your Worst Vaping Purchase In 2015?

AVF Regular
    I also bought a Custom Classic squonker last year, but I rate it among my very best purchases - despite the very hefty price tag. If I'd known Dogman didn't like his, I would have traded my Tmod for it. One man's poison ...

I've been wracking my brains trying to think of really disappointing purchases, but one advantage of getting old is that the brain is already full so you forget stuff really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post

custom classic squonker

$400usd to not rate it, traded it about 3 days later
    giruvian, gtadmin, Stomp and 4 others like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    I don't think any of my purchases last year 100% fell into a 'worst' or 'shocker' category. I think it was more that some of the things I tried just didn't suit my vaping style. The Kanger Subox tanks being a prime example. I was hoping I could restrict the airflow enough to still achieve a nice MTL vape but I just didn't like it so they all found new loving homes through the AVF classies.

One of the things I love about this place is that you can feel confident to try out the plethora of new gear that comes out if it grabs your attention knowing that if it doesn't end up suiting you there will be someone here that absolutely loves it and it works brilliantly for them.

Like Btobw says in her post above - One man's poison...
    giruvian, btobw, shaneo and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    the purchases I regret most of all would be

1 - buying bulk juices only to find half of them make me gag as soon as I attempt to inhale
    2 - Wire on tiny spools that explode like some kind of canned snake gag
    3 - Cheap drippers or tanks that were apparently cheap for a reason. Fogger Mini Auth, Aromamiser v2 RDA clone, Adveken Ohmega Auth, Blitz Enterprises "Swav" clone etc etc etc...
    Haza, Timm4h, shaneo and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I haven't really given it a fair go, but I bought a Bellus tank because of the hype behind the air-flow being directly on the coils. Whilst I was waiting for it to turn up (took forever, ordered it in very early December got it a few days ago) I decided to order a Griffin and they both turned up on the same day. The ease of build difference between the two is just silly. It's less a size thing and more the ridiculous idea that you'd want to capture two sets of leads in the one hole on a dual coil device. Add in the difference in how hard they are to wick so they don't leak and I'm just not sure I'll ever bother getting my Bellus up and running unless they make a Velocity style deck for it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    I haven't really given it a fair go, but I bought a Bellus tank because of the hype behind the air-flow being directly on the coils. Whilst I was waiting for it to turn up (took forever, ordered it in very early December got it a few days ago) I decided to order a Griffin and they both turned up on the same day. The ease of build difference between the two is just silly. It's less a size thing and more the ridiculous idea that you'd want to capture two sets of leads in the one hole on a dual coil device. Add in the difference in how hard they are to wick so they don't leak and I'm just not sure I'll ever bother getting my Bellus up and running unless they make a Velocity style deck for it.
    Yeah, I have a Bellus as well. I dont find it hard to build on, but the lack of juice control and my 100 PG juices means it leaks like a busload of pensioners on a pub crawl when I fill it. I now bottom fill the bugger. All that aside, the flavour it puts out is second to none, so I persevere.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

AVF Regular
    GG4S was just a lemon for me... Light and flimsy, and not what I'd expect from a great mod maker. In fact I was generally disappointed with my GG foray. Stealth mod was quality but the Tilemahos was too airy and the airflow wouldn't stay locked in place.... Just one oring short of being a great tank.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Just one oring short of being a great tank.
    I find it very difficult to believe there's any such thing as a bit of GG kit thats short of an O'Ring!
    lheamfrg, hank and Northerner like this.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

AVF Regular
    Mine would have to have been the Athena Envy mod. The moment i got it out of the box it was dislike at first site. I had it for sale in the classies within the hour lol!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Mine would have to have been the Athena Envy mod. The moment i got it out of the box it was dislike at first site. I had it for sale in the classies within the hour lol!
    I had an Envy 22 lob on Tues. I'm liking it muchly.
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    I had an Envy 22 lob on Tues. I'm liking it muchly.
    Glad your enjoying it slothy but I found it to be way oversized for what it is. Im much happier with the xvostick. Its got excellent form factor and ive hardly used anything else since i got it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast