Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: So What Was Your Worst Vaping Purchase In 2015?

AVF Regular

So What Was Your Worst Vaping Purchase In 2015?

So I see all of the "vape famous" reviewers have their best of list, where they discuss how awesome this or that was this year.

I just thought it might be a bit of fun to have actual opinions from the masses and who haven't received a "product free for review" and have actually put up their hard earned cash for something and it has really disappointed them.

So a couple of rules before the moderators go mental and have to break out the fire hoses to separate us i.e. DO NOT turn this into another Provari Vs everything else thread

1. Tell us what you bought and why it disappointed you i.e fit and finish / the thing broke after 10 minutes / the paint fell off / it wasn't what I expected - the list goes on

2. If you mention a juice - remember taste is subjective - I may love juice X and you may think it tastes like moldy gym socks!

3. If Someone mentions a Mod / Juice / Atty / Anything that you love on here - DON'T get all butt hurt and start to cry about it - see the note about taste is subjective as are people's vaping styles!

For those that just can't let it go that their piece of kit has been named in this thread. I suggest one of these as your next purchase in 2016:

available for pre order at www.imawhinybitch.com
    gtadmin, Fatman and lheamfrg like this.

AVF Regular
    My top - "I hate this thing purchase" for 2015 would have to be the "el - cheeapo" silicone skin for my SX mini - bought it for $6 and spent the next three months sliding it back up on my mod - It wasn't till I was given and saw how awesome the genuine ones are that I then realized why they charge an extra six bux for a skin that doesn't slide around!

An honourable mention would have to go to the LEMO 2 - this admittedly was more user error than the atty's fault once I realized it has to be laying down to fill we sort of got on again.
    Last edited by Haza; 07-01-16 at 10:23 PM.
    giruvian and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    I hate my 2 kayfuns. I loved them. Then I realised what a pain in the ass the little chimney is with my cotton or wick and blocking the darn air. Such a pain. But when I get it right, I forgive it. Love/hate kayfuns. I've moved on but still use them occasionally. Little Bastards.
    Haza likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cotton wicking. For some reason my tastebuds do not like cotton wicks. I vape strong menthol flavours and all I get with cotton is wet sock taste. No flavour at all. Tried all sorts of power and brands of cotton and factory cotton coils, all of them taste the same.
    Timm4h likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Haza View Post
    My top - "I hate this thing purchase" for 2015 would have to be the "el - cheeapo" silicone skin for my SX mini - bought it for $6 and spent the next three months sliding it back up on my mod - It wasn't till I was given and saw how awesome the genuine ones are that I then realized why they charge an extra six bux for a skin that doesn't slide around!
    This one is right up there on my pet hate of 2015 as well ....

For me the main culprits were pretty much anything to do with Sub-Ohming ... I tried , oh lordy I tried ... but its just not for me

Everything however is balanced by the Paps and Heron combo and Xplora Atties I bought at the end of the year .. they wiped out a multitude of sins and replaced them with goodness!
    Crisscross, CMB, Haza and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    +1 for those shyte FT sx mini silicone sleeves i bought a few of those and ended up throwing them in the bin.. did the same for the istick and got those glow in the dark ones *cringe* apart from that 2015 was a good year for hardware IMHO.

Edit: even though the sx mini m class served its purpose with the innovative firmware upgradeable stuff.....two obvious peeves, the paint finish rubbing off and the battery sag on higher wattage in TC.
    Last edited by sams; 07-01-16 at 11:17 PM.
    Haza likes this.

When life throws you lemons, vape lemonade.

I like simple. If it's not simple, I don't like it.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    1. Subtank Mini - complete POS
    2. eGrip - good concept but lacking in execution. POS
    3. The 3 commercial juices I decided to try. Spew

Best purchase was the IPV D2.

AVF Regular
    I didn't buy anything in 2015 that was a disappointment
    I only buy what I know will work for me.

Yosser as admin though was a slight disapointment
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    I only started vaping by the end of October 2015 of which I went to a tobacconist and bought gear (1st mistake).

0. yes zero because its not gear but my decision to get my stuff from an overpriced tobacconist.
    1. Price - 100++$ worth of clone Evod Twist, 2- 10 ml. Feellife juice @ 15$ & 20 $ each and a pack of smokes.
    2. Aspire Nautilus BDC coils - Evod tank cracked and I blamed the plastic, though i may have over tightened it once. Coils would gurgle and spit.
    3. bought a generic plastic clerotank since I couldn't wait to look for coils, again cracked within a week.
    This time I was careful when tightening but I think these plastic cleros can't handle over 3.8 volts with frequent 5-6 puffs.
    4. Nautilus stripped the Evod thread. But the good thing is the evod still locks on Ego style threads.

x. - Aspire Nautilus - it shouldn't really be on the list since it now works well with BVC coils and an Eleaf iStick 40W TC but i find it ugly.
    I should have bought a black Silo Beast but use a shorty tank for the iStick.

+ - best purchase from my initial vape gear? the pack of smokes! best tobacco taste and easiest to use.
    - - worst purchase? the pack of smokes.
    Last edited by andron; 07-01-16 at 11:21 PM.
    Flitterby likes this.

AVF Regular
    This clone thing bought as a gift for a gamer/ AVP fan... it literally crumbled in the hand after a couple of weeks - very pretty, too light- dont do it!

ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast