Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Original VS clone

Hak
    AVF Regular

Original VS clone

Ok, I have been looking at both clones and authentic rba, rta, and sub ohm tanks

Tbh I see lots of people here using clones and originals. I just want to know what the difference? As I see the prices are real similar to almost $5 difference.

Are the clones better?
    Do you buy 1-3 of the same type of clones?
    Why did you get the clone version?

I don't own any clones so I am curious, I have seen YouTube videos about them and they all seem to be fine, but tbh that being said they only tested it for a couple weeks and give their thoughts.

Please let me know your experience is it worth buying or looking into? They are practically the same price? Where did you buy from.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hak View Post
    Ok, I have been looking at both clones and authentic rba, rta, and sub ohm tanks

Tbh I see lots of people here using clones and originals. I just want to know what the difference? As I see the prices are real similar to almost $5 difference.

Are the clones better?
    Do you buy 1-3 of the same type of clones?
    Why did you get the clone version?

I don't own any clones so I am curious, I have seen YouTube videos about them and they all seem to be fine, but tbh that being said they only tested it for a couple weeks and give their thoughts.

Please let me know your experience is it worth buying or looking into? They are practically the same price? Where did you buy from.

If you do your homework, clones are often as good in the practical sense as the originals.

I buy them because I've long considered many of the originals to be obscenely over-priced, plus I have limited funds so the status thing doesn't come into consideration.

I think the whole argument is dying in the arse anyway. A lot of the perfectly good new stuff is originating in China now, so good original kit is available at a decent price.
    steve.c and Snidely_Whiplash like this.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    If you do your homework, clones are often as good in the practical sense as the originals.

I buy them because I've long considered many of the originals to be obscenely over-priced, plus I have limited funds so the status thing doesn't come into consideration.

I think the whole argument is dying in the arse anyway. A lot of the perfectly good new stuff is originating in China now, so good original kit is available at a decent price.
    And you haven't had any problems with the clones? Tank leaks etc.

As I see aussie vendors for clones but they are literally the same price as originals, do you pick up in the US?

AVF Regular
    And you haven't had any problems with the clones? Tank leaks etc.

As I see aussie vendors for clones but they are literally the same price as originals, do you pick up in the US?

No more than with anything else.

I get most of mine from Fasttech. A tip is not to buy something that just come out, wait a bit until the reviews start to appear.
    Flitterby likes this.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

AVF Regular
    There are so many reasons to buy original gear, but I guess that is something you will have to consider on your own (there are plenty of threads on here that discuss the reasons for it). Even fasttech I believe sell original devices quite cheap... but you gotta wait ages for the post. We all only really need a few mods in our hands so in my opinion its sometimes worth the extra cash to pay the designer of the mod.
    Fatman and Northerner like this.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    There are so many reasons to buy original gear, but I guess that is something you will have to consider on your own (there are plenty of threads on here that discuss the reasons for it). Even fasttech I believe sell original devices quite cheap... but you gotta wait ages for the post. We all only really need a few mods in our hands so in my opinion its sometimes worth the extra cash to pay the designer of the mod.
    This is true, we only need a few and im just in search of a RBA and an RTA tank really, but i mean i just to fiddle with and resell w/o any problems i wouldn't mind buying clones

As all my products already are legit, but i just wanted a bit more insight on this.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    The Russian rtas I've got from fast tech have been shithouse, leak badly and I've had the insulation on the positive post melt...Both were pieces of sh!t, same can be said of the mech mods I've brought from fast tech, they were fine for a month or so but the fire button would stick and the 510 threads would turn to sh!t...you can get good original stuff from China now that is made better than the clones....
    Northerner and Hak like this.

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    The Russian rtas I've got from fast tech have been shithouse, leak badly and I've had the insulation on the positive post melt...Both were pieces of sh!t, same can be said of the mech mods I've brought from fast tech, they were fine for a month or so but the fire button would stick and the 510 threads would turn to sh!t...you can get good original stuff from China now that is made better than the clones....
    thanks for the input, but i think ill stick to originals, i mean if i check fasttech they do sell authentic, and if no one has a problem with the Authentics ill purchase them,

And for clones ill probably stick to some random RTA's RBA's that i want to fiddle with. More serious ones ill just get a legit one locally or overseas ^^

AVF Regular
    they are literally the same price as originals
    Which ones are you referring too? do you have a link? Ive never seen a clone the same price as the original, unless its some rip-off site.
    Tara likes this.

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Which ones are you referring too? do you have a link? Ive never seen a clone the same price as the original, unless its some rip-off site.
    i checked vapassist and its not same price but just a few dollars less, i mean rounding it up it is the same price if you know where im coming from

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast