Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 2 Post By Toe Tall Noob
  • 3 Post By Haza

Thread: Broken Smok X Pro M80 Plus Please Help

AVF Regular

Broken Smok X Pro M80 Plus Please Help

Hi,
    I need some technical help. Something is wrong with my Smok X Pro M80 Plus mod. It is firing very, very weakly. I opened it up and the part that your atomiser screws into, is detached from the mod on the inside. It has a black wire connected on the inside of the top plate of the mod, about halfway along, but the underneath part of the atomiser connector is not connected to anything and pulls out freely. Is that normal, or is it supposed to be soldered on to the mod? If it is broken, is there anyway I can fix it without soldering?
    Thank you.

AVF Regular
    If you like it buy a new one.

AVF Regular
    I have 2 x M80's and they work ok.
    But they're not TC and the program is a bit confusing.
    If something stops working I look at it as a reason to upgrade.
    There's a few good deals in the classies.
    Have a look.
    Koopor Plus 200W [FS]

Super Moderator
    Any Chance of a photo ? .. it would help your cause immensely
    disley likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I like the upgrade idea. I have inspected further. There is a white wire that was coiled underneath the atomiser holder/threaded shaft. Now that I am just gonna upgrade, I uncoiled it. And yeah, I am pretty sure it was and is supposed to be soldered to the shaft. There was a tiny bit of wire exposed in the middle of the coil (the end of the wire). I think that it broke so easily, because they hadn't stripped the white insulation material off the wire enough to form a quality solder joint from the atomiser socket to the wire. Shame there isn't something that I could use at home to reconnect it. Sadly, I don't know how to solder. And I don't think I am going to buy one to fix one cheapish mod. Upgrade time.
    Fatman and disley like this.

AVF Regular
    Hey Toe, I can solder and have a pretty expensive soldering station complete with a reflow setup. If your keen shoot me a PM I'd be more than happy to re do the 510 and post it back to you if you like. Pretty sure it will fit in a small padded bag so shouldn't cost that much to post each way - at least that way you can keep it in your gear as a backup.

Let me know if your interested - I hate seeing stuff go into landfill that can be saved with about 2 minutes work
    Robray, Fatman and btobw like this.