Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nut
    AVF Regular

DNA 200 and Stainless Steel

Hi Guys,

I have been enjoying my efusion for quite a while now. I've found it to work great with titanium but I have read some differing reports with SS. I havent personally used SS yet but have an order on the way. Just wondering if anyone has had success, particularly with temp control? Im sure it would be a great wire regardless in power mode. Any tips? Settings? Reports?

Cheers,
    Nut

AVF Regular
    haven't used SS in a DNA 200 but do use it in some temp control mods.
    Big thing I find is wrap a spaced coil not a micro/contact coil and make sure connections are clean and tight.
    Works great, still to mess with TCR on some mods that I ave that have that option.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    I'm using SS on one of my 200s. 26G 316L from Steamers with the csv from steam engine. I agree spaced coils work best, and I've had zero problems in TC. SS is now my favorite wire!

AVF Regular
    Earlier on was using UD 26awg 316L on the Lavabox, also with csv from Steam Engine.

Echoing everyone else here - build a spaced coil for TC. My first SS build was a contact coil, and nah - it didn't go well with TC. Resistance kept jumping around all over the place, DNA200 didn't know WTF.

Works as expected with a spaced coil in TC.

I can't compare it to Ti - never went there, got annoyed with my spools being covered in graphite.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    I've been running SS on TC with the 'Shark for a few days now. Building coils using a coil master so they are nice and tight. Found that once I got the ramp up in the sweet spot and the right TCR its a much more consistent vape than the Cuboid in SS mode, which is outstanding in its price point performance wise.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Nut
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    I've been running SS on TC with the 'Shark for a few days now. Building coils using a coil master so they are nice and tight. Found that once I got the ramp up in the sweet spot and the right TCR its a much more consistent vape than the Cuboid in SS mode, which is outstanding in its price point performance wise.
    So your running contact SS with success Nothingexpert?

AVF Regular
    I'm not sure if this is across the board for SS or just on the Crown Tank, but I need to bump up the wattage higher than I do on my kanthal wired tanks. More resistance for the same volume possibly?

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Super Moderator
    SS has less resistance than kanthal given the same coil parameters (gauge, turns, ID etc)
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    SS has less resistance than kanthal given the same coil parameters (gauge, turns, ID etc)
    So it should require less power rather than more then? My SS coils must be a thicker gauge than the kanthal ones then (prebuilt ones, not RBA so not sure)

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Super Moderator
    No. Same power for the same juice for the same coil AWG.

Less volts and more amps though
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast