Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MR.C

Thread: Kangertech KBox mini Platinum TC wattage

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Kangertech KBox mini Platinum TC wattage

First post so Hello everyone!

Just got myself a Kbox mini platinum 60W and can't set the wattage in TC mode. Is this possible?
    I have an Evic VT mini and i can set both the wattage and temp. If anyone has one or knows the answer let me know. Ive looked on kangertech site and can't find anything online.

Thanks in advance
    drifter likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to the forum MR.C. Interestingly I watch PBusardo reviewing one of these not an hour ago, & he said he could not find a way to adjust the wattage in TC mode. So apparently it's not possible.

Well that's a bit shit! The evic was my first device so I thought that being able to change both parameters was the norm in temp control. I'll look up the review. Thanks

AVF Regular
    Serious question: why would you need to change both?

I only have the evic vt to compare to and that's how that works, just what I'm used to. Here's what I do on the evic.

Lock the resistance with a cold coil. Set my temp to 270 - 280 then adjusting the watts produces more vapor but doesn't effect the temp. I start the day on about 25w then as the day goes on and my lungs warm up I up the watts. By evening with a beer I'm on about 45. I fired the kbox on 250 at 60w and it's way more powerful. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Still new to this about 6 months now, i dived straight in to temp control never really used just power. Maybe I've got it all wrong but I also thought you had to lock the resistance for temp control to work?