• 2 Post By seasonnoob
  • 1 Post By steve.c
  • 1 Post By seasonnoob
  • 2 Post By ratsacker
  • 2 Post By seasonnoob

Thread: Mini triton ???

AVF Regular

Mini triton ???

Well i thought i would try the new triton mini as im an avid nautilus mini user and it was ok at the start...Not a huge difference, better airflow top fill and so on....Then dry hits... and man i havent had a dry hit like that since my vivi nova days..coil just burnt...clapton coil wrecked with 1/3 of tank of juice left in it?? Anyone else had a problem with these? Did i do something to upset the vaping gods? Why! Why! Whhhhhyyyyyyyyy! :P
    Crisscross and Timm4h like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm guessing too much heat and too little juice. I found closing down the airflow gives more negative pressure in chamber which in turns means more juice.
    With the Nautilus it's easier to flood than burn but I'm guessing the triton is a sub ohm coil with small juice ports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Hey mate thanks for the help but it's the mini not the full triton so it uses the same coils out of my nautilus.. It took one out of my naut and used it in this and it burnt 1.6ohm? Running anywhere between 9-15W max.. I dunno have to had a good look at it yet will have another go see what comes of it... Cheers

AVF Regular
    Of you get sick of thats nasty mini triton, ill take it of your hands
    CCVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Of you get sick of thats nasty mini triton, ill take it of your hands
    Not just yet mate :O will keep you in mind if comes to that
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Your mistake was and i have done it a few times is forgetting to move the top from filling position to vaping position.
    I found i have used them in the filling position for a while before they huge dry hit and then YES i check and it was left in filling position.
    Filling position closes the juice holes.
    What surprises me is with the juice holes closed it still takes almost half a tank of juice usage where small amounts of juice still get through and then out of nowhere BAM Huge dry burning hit.
    Have to always check after filling that it is indeed put back to the vaping option.
    Last edited by ratsacker; 23-01-16 at 03:20 AM.
    Fatman and seasonnoob like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsacker View Post
    Your mistake was and i have done it a few times is forgetting to move the top from filling position to vaping position.
    I found i have used them in the filling position for a while before they huge dry hit and then YES i check and it was left in filling position.
    Filling position closes the juice holes.
    What surprises me is with the juice holes closed it still takes almost half a tank of juice usage where small amounts of juice still get through and then out of nowhere BAM Huge dry burning hit.
    Have to always check after filling that it is indeed put back to the vaping option.
    I bet thats what ive done! My god i havent checked it but i reckon u have to be right on the money ratsacker...Im an idiot im thinking it cant be this bad but i havent tried it since as i just havent had time... although there was a problem with my mod too as it just fried a coil in my nautilus.. Pull it apart and cleaned it all and it seems to working fine now but it fired my 1.8 ohm coil at 35W for some reason just assumed it was the same thing with the triton but thanks mate i have done the same think once with the full size triton and yes it dry hit too....after a while... Thanks again mate
    Fatman and trumpy955 like this.