Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Haza
  • 1 Post By Berowra vaper
  • 1 Post By Berowra vaper

Thread: Subox worry

AVF Regular

Subox worry

Well last week or so the mini has been showing almost VV havnt changed coils , batteries same ones for like last 6 mths , it happens the more watts I go up the more the volts go up. I'm usually about 14 to 25 w. And when first got it was showing 4.1 with full charged battery which didn't change when I altered the watts but now I have to keep it like 12 watts if I go up the colts showing go up like I've seen as high as 5.6 v and does get warm I think she might have done its dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    I have nothing but I will bump this for anyone that has a Subox kit to jump in.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Yeah just never seen it do this since I bought usually the battery would just drain down instead the higher I increase the watts the volts go up as well. I'm using a IPV 4s now and no probs at all

AVF Regular
    If you increase the wattage the voltage will go up with it.
    Higher wattage = higher voltage.

AVF Regular
    Ok so Batteries will deteriorate over time as they only have a limited number of full charge cycles that they can take without the chemistry inside the battery breaking down - as this happens the internal resistance of the battery increases and the voltage sag under load increases as well a good indicator that a battery is shot you can use simple rule of thumb of a variation of 0.4 volts. To do this you can measure the following:
    For Instance:
    Resting Voltage - 4.2 v (In the case of a fully charged battery)
    Under Load - 3.8 - 3.7v (If the battery sag is any more than say 0.4v under load it's time for a change out & recycle the old one

Voltage & Wattage are also interdependent on ohms law as a coil ages it's resistance can change either up or down. 510 positive pins that are dirty or loose can also play a huge role in determining the correct resistance. So in general as you push the fire button a fraction of a second before the atty fires the mod will check the resistance do the calculations for that particular resistance and then apply the voltage according to ohms law to give you the correct wattage for that particular resistance. If on the initial read the 510 is dirty loose or in some other way compromised it may well think that the resistance is higher and fire the atty at an incorrect voltage. I have even experienced the opposite where you get a really weak vape because the resistance is being read too low by the initial atty read and then the mod does not provide enough voltage.

So check the basics before binning the mod
    • On The Mod
    • Check the voltage drop or Fit a new battery or a known good battery
    • Clean the battery terminals with Isopropyl alcohol and let them dry
    • Clean the 510 positive pin with a cotton bud and Isopropyl alcohol and let them dry - Do not apply Noalox or any type of conductive grease
    • Clean with Isopropyl Alcohol and apply Noalox or some conductive grease to the battery cap threads
      On The Atty
    • Change the coil in your atty with a new one - check the resistance on the side of the coil
    • Clean the 510 threads and positive pin with Isopropyl alcohol and let them dry
    • Adjust the length of the positive pin so it is making good contact
    • Check the resistance of the atty externally with either a multi-meter or a 510 atty checker
    • Wet the filler material and then check for any leaks and check the resistance again externally
    • Fit the atty and power up the mod
    • See if the resistance measured by the mod is any different from what you measured before with the meter
    • Set your wattage and then do the calculation using ohms law to determine what the mod should put out there is a good ohms law calculator here Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

If after tying the above you get no joy it might mean that your mod / atty is on it's way out and it might be time to start carrying around a backup because they always tend to die right when you need them most.

Good luck with it - let us know how you go
    Fatman, trumpy955 and Tyzer like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Haz I'll check some of those sorry should of put in it's the mini tank occ coil as well unit and batteries are only about 6 mths old
    # vtc5 's and 25r's as far as I knew the screen only shows what u have left in battery level not the voltage on firing that's what s. But different and bottom of tank was getting hot I went straight from it to the IPV and its cool as a cucumber that's at 15 watts on both. Thank guys

Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks ppl well the problem may have been in the coil. Suppose to be 1.2. Was showing 1.6. Changed out to a . 5 which show .59 on IPV 4 s. On the reader .6. So it's not connection on the tank I'm yet to try again on the subox mini mod sort of liking the IPV too much it doesn't seem to crackle and pop like the mini did ( maybe power delivery is smoother ) and the duals are giving so much longevity ( on second day not even qtr gone) but I'll need another vtc5 to marry to my other none used one

Haza likes this.