Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By addappt

Thread: Griffin RTA

Hak
    AVF Regular

Griffin RTA

Anyone got leaking problem?

I fill my juice, close both airflows, Whne i stop vaping, i close all airholes as well

and still get a leak problem? is there a way around this?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I don't have the griffin but it's similar to the crius that I have.. how are you wicking it?

from Townsville :-)

AVF Regular
    I'm still using the first build and wick. High vg and bone dry. Maybe just lucky but my suspicions are on the wicking.

AVF Regular
    Might need to get more fluff down into the juice channels.

I dont have a Griffin, but I find leaking to be a constant issue with all my top fill tanks. The best of them is the Crius, and even that has a little weep after filling.

I suspect that the root of the problem for me is that i use 100% PG which makes for a thin mix. I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering replacing my toppers with Kayfun Lite clones and/or Goblins. For my style of vaping I havent found these top fill fog machines offer sufficient advantages to offset being PIA leakers.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hak View Post
    Anyone got leaking problem?

I fill my juice, close both airflows, Whne i stop vaping, i close all airholes as well

and still get a leak problem? is there a way around this?
    leaking via the airflow?
    I've got three and honestly have not had any major leaks in any of them, I'd recommend wicking it whilst the metal ring is already on so that you just tuck in the cotton. If you try to put the cotton in place then screw on that little ring often cotton will get caught in the thread and move your wick slightly

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Yeah I think I didn't have much fluff as that ring was hard to put onto my build so I had to squeeze my wick in more and it was able to fit, guess I need more cotton I'll try it next time I need to wick as it's not much of problem now the leaking stopped.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    You can't go light on he wick ive found. Also don't remove the ring. Leave it in there and push the wick in behind it. I'm running 7 wrap claptons on a 3mm and pretty tight wicks and don't get any leaking issues. I did once when I thinned the tails of the cotton so I've stopped that. I do snip a touch off on a downward angle from the top of the tails to remove a little if I have too much.

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by addappt View Post
    You can't go light on he wick ive found. Also don't remove the ring. Leave it in there and push the wick in behind it. I'm running 7 wrap claptons on a 3mm and pretty tight wicks and don't get any leaking issues. I did once when I thinned the tails of the cotton so I've stopped that. I do snip a touch off on a downward angle from the top of the tails to remove a little if I have too much.
    I dont remove the ring, i remove the Cap that covers the build, thats what i mean by its tight when i put it back on it's hard if i got lots of wick

AVF Regular
    Oh right. Yeah mines always right like that. I always think my coils are touching. They never are but thats why I snip down on a 45. The top outer edge of the cotton always seems to be partly dry so I figure I'm not losing anything by getting rid of it. I hope that makes sense.
    Hak likes this.

AVF Regular
    What i do on my griffin is i do scottish roll and I dont use much at all. I then use a piece of wire to tuck my cotton into the 4 juice well. I cut the cotton long enough to just tuck right behind the ring, so it doesn't actually go lower than the ring. I also make sure there are no cotton covering the bottom air hole and you should be good to go.

When i put the top cap on and it doesn't want to go all the way down, then its either i got too much cotton or i just need to "shape" my cotton more inwards. There should be minimal resistant when you screw the top cap back on i reckon.

Good luck!