AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

IPV D2 Check Bat message

Hi all,

Hoping there's someone out there who has experienced the same problem I'm having and found a solution or workaround for it.

Gear (all purchased just before Christmas):
    IPV D2 mod SX130H V3.4
    Beyond Vape Silo Tank
    Aspire Vaporshark Temperature Sensing Coil which the iPV D2 reads at .292 ohms.
    Sony VTC5 18650 30AMP 2600mAh Battery -
    * Capacity 2600mAh
    * Min Capacity 2500mAh
    * Max Continuous Discharge Current 30A
    * Cut off Voltage 2.5V
    * Voltage 3.8V
    * Full Charge Voltage 4.2V

The problem I have is when the battery is at full charge it often refuses to fire with a "Check Bat" message. Like every other time I pick it up whether I've used it seconds ago or half an hour ago. Fires again fine after 2 or 3 more presses of the button, and usually goes away completely once the battery gets below 80% charge (which takes up to 6 hours of normal vaping for me). I've tried settings from 30 joules right up to 50 joules at 250-500 F. A real PITA especially while driving...

It seems I'm not alone and no one seems to have a solution - https://www.fasttech.com/forums/2879...tery-message/1

5 emails to the address listed on the contact page of the Pioneer4you website, which has changed 3 times now since my first email but not a single response from any of them. Seller seems mystified by the issue (all products were purchased from them on their recommendation) and has stopped responding to my emails, the last being a request for a Pioneer4you support contact, a supplier contact, or anyone who could help, and confirmation that they have or have not had the same complaint from other purchasers.

I'll probably switch to standard coils in normal wattage mode once I've used up the TC coils and hopefully that makes it go away. I haven't found TC to be that much better anyway apart from the coils lasting a lot longer with high VG juices.

AVF Regular
    i get the same problem on mine, generally caused by bad connection or bad build or both, not much can be done other than ensuring you have a solid coil build and jiggling the connection every so often, the spring loaded connectors are not ideal for TC and tend to stray all over the place, some atties are worse than others, it's manageable but not ideal

i don't think you'll have any luck getting it replaced or refunded for that reason, technically, its doing the right thing i think

Quote Originally Posted by nicks View Post
    i don't think you'll have any luck getting it replaced or refunded for that reason, technically, its doing the right thing i think
    Thanks nicks. It's a standard coil and I've checked and cleaned all connection points. Yeah, I don't really want it replaced or refunded. I like everything about it apart from that one annoying issue which I'm 99% sure is a programming bug. Oh well, I shall console myself that things have come a long way in the last few years so I'm lucky to have something as good as this now, and things will only get better.

Quick update. I finally used up all my Vaporshark TS coils and switched to standard Nautilus coils in wattage mode and the problem has gone away. I'm on my second battery in wattage mode now and it hasn't misfired a single time. So it's definitely either a bug in TS mode or there's something about the Vaporshark TS coils it doesn't like.

The vape isn't quite as good in wattage mode but it's near enough. Now to work out if the TS coils are worth the bit of agro and extra expense for the slightly better vape and the ability to cope with high VG juices without clagging up. I suspect they might last a bit longer too...

AVF Regular
    I wonder whether your problems are related to a varying resistance within the coil. When it came up with the message did you reset the resitance and then found it worked?
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.