Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BrianS

Thread: 1.2ohm coil for the STM questions.

AVF Regular

1.2ohm coil for the STM questions.

Hi guys, just need some feedback/input on STM.

I received STM as a PIF from our BrianS, cheers mate, did not have too much time to play with it last night as I was at family dinner, only able to do a few tokes here and there.

I spent more time with it this morning and found two things that are confusing me.

1st, the vapour production on the 1.2 ohm coil is not as big and dense comparing it to Cubis 1.5ohm coil, heck even my mini naut using 1.8 ohm BVC coil chucked denser clouds. I vape at 10W - 13W btw.
    See I donít use RDA nor subohms, mainly I use RTA and tanks, so I am not expecting huge clouds, but the vapour production is poor.

2nd, I just realised this morning that the resistance on the 1.2 ohm coil is way higher, 3 of my mods read it between 1.42 to 1.46ohm.

So just like to get feedback on the experience for those who has used the 1.2 ohm coils.
    How was the vapour production and what resistance did you guys get on them?

Have a feeling it could be a dud coil, will order some new ones.

Cheers guys.

AVF Regular
    id like to help but ive never used one lol
    Crisscross and hun113 like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Pump up the wattage to 30w, and suck on it lung inhale style like a big garret turbo with your eyes bulging out... That'd get you some clouds brah!!

Not a mouth to lung tank and needs the powaaaaah to make any considerable amount of vapour.

AVF Regular
    You need to up the wattage for a 1.2ohm to something like 16-20w.
    EDIT: you won't be disappointed using a triton 2 or atlantis tank with the triton 1.8ohm heads for mouth to lunging [forget about the ST 1.2ohm for a MTL]
    Last edited by ratsacker; 04-02-16 at 01:46 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Pump up the wattage to 30w, and suck on it lung inhale style like a big garret turbo with your eyes bulging out... That'd get you some clouds brah!!

Not a mouth to lung tank and needs the powaaaaah to make any considerable amount of vapour.
    Nahh bro, im not a cloud chaser as mentioned. Im just trying to figure out why the vapour production on the 1.2 ohm coil which is supposed to be a MTL is not as dense as Cubis and Mini Nautilus.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsacker View Post
    You need to up the wattage for a 1.2ohm to something like 16-20w
    So it is just the coil itself that requires higher wattage?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hun113 View Post
    Nahh bro, im not a cloud chaser as mentioned. Im just trying to figure out why the vapour production on the 1.2 ohm coil which is supposed to be a MTL is not as dense as Cubis and Mini Nautilus.
    because its lower ohms than the 1.5 or 1.8 of your other tanks, the lower the ohms the higher wattage is required

AVF Regular
    Not a MTL tank, too much air flow mate, designed SUB-ohm cloud chasing, hence the name: SUBtank mini.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsacker View Post
    because its lower ohms than the 1.5 or 1.8 of your other tanks, the lower the ohms the higher wattage is required
    Yeah, I can relate to that, I was also comparing it to my squape which I normally build at 1.12ohm, at 10W the vapour is more comapred to the STM. I know I cant compare a pre-build coild to rebuildable.

I will up the wattage or I will try the RBA on it.

cheers mate.