Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which starter mod kit should I get?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Which starter mod kit should I get?

Hey vapers,

I'm new to vaping and have only been at it for about a week. I'm currently using the Vantage e-cigarette from vaperempire.com.au and it's really good. I use e-liquids with 24mg nic.

I want to get a mod, as I think the vapor production is cooler, and they're just cooler in general.

I was looking at getting the Smok Micro One 80w, but I'm also looking at the Kanger Nebox. I want a kit that comes with everything in it (coils, etc.), as it's my first time, but I mean eventually I'd like to get into building but I figured a starter mod kit would be best for me.

So what would you, more seasoned vapors, get? The Smok Micro One 80w, or the Kanger Nebox? Or something else?
    Also, how often would things need replacing, like the coils?

Thanks!

AVF Regular
    I might be a bit bias because I like Kanger products. If I was starting again from scratch I'd be tempted to go for the Kanger Subox Mini. You get the mod, tank + a rebuildable deck, pre-built coils (0.5 ohm & 1.5 ohm) 2 x pre-built coils for the RBA deck (from memory they are 0.5 ohm) etc etc.

The Subox might only go to 50 watts but that's plenty for someone just starting out. You just need to add a good battery & battery charger if you don't want to charge it with the USB cable. I've got 3 sub tank mini tanks (Same as in the kit) & I only use the rebuildable deck & wrap my own coils.

My latest mod is an iStick TC 60 watt & I've only taken it that high once. I usually fire it at 25 to 35 watts, but sometimes at 45 watts.

See the Subox mini kit here - Black one

Kanger SUBOX Mini Starter Kit - Black | VapeKing

Or the white one

Kanger SUBOX Mini Starter Kit - White | VapeKing
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    The Ego One kit is quite popular for newer vapers. Comes with tank and mod and is a simple hit the button and vape away. No need to worry about the watts/volts etc. If you wanted to go for the variable watts/volts I've heard good things about the subox nano by Kanger. Just like the subox mini but smaller, comes in pretty pink and purple though which is a nice feminine touch.

As far as coils go, everyone is different. I think on average, coils should last 2-3 weeks. For me, I can only get about 2-3 days from kanger/atlantis coils. Surprisingly I can get roughly a week out of the iSub G and smok VCT Pro. All the others only last a few days.

Best of luck!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeStranger View Post
    The Ego One kit is quite popular for newer vapers. Comes with tank and mod and is a simple hit the button and vape away. No need to worry about the watts/volts etc. If you wanted to go for the variable watts/volts I've heard good things about the subox nano by Kanger. Just like the subox mini but smaller, comes in pretty pink and purple though which is a nice feminine touch.

As far as coils go, everyone is different. I think on average, coils should last 2-3 weeks. For me, I can only get about 2-3 days from kanger/atlantis coils. Surprisingly I can get roughly a week out of the iSub G and smok VCT Pro. All the others only last a few days.

Best of luck!
    I'm looking to graduate from my Spinners/Protank II setups too, though they've served me well and kept me off the smokes for years. Quick (and probably) stupid question about the batteries (18650 I presume) used in these box mods: do they take the batteries with a slightly protruding button (a la Provari) or do they take the 'flush top' type?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I'm looking to graduate from my Spinners/Protank II setups too, though they've served me well and kept me off the smokes for years. Quick (and probably) stupid question about the batteries (18650 I presume) used in these box mods: do they take the batteries with a slightly protruding button (a la Provari) or do they take the 'flush top' type?
    Yep, 18650s with the slightly protruding top. Make sure that the battery is at least 20A. I never buy cheap batteries as this is the number one safety concern I have with vaping. Reputable brands like Sony, Samsung, LG etc. are the only batteries that I put in my mods.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeStranger View Post
    Yep, 18650s with the slightly protruding top. Make sure that the battery is at least 20A. I never buy cheap batteries as this is the number one safety concern I have with vaping. Reputable brands like Sony, Samsung, LG etc. are the only batteries that I put in my mods.
    Thanks, HS.

AVF Regular
    You are more than welcome

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Kanger 200w i'd say would be the best starter.

I bought it for my wife and she actually just quit vaping and smoking in general and i have been taking the kanger

out and about and its a stellar mod easy to hold and small stealthy bastard. worth the money as well firmware upgradeable.

$71 AUD at vapoureyes.

AVF Regular
    Starter mod kit for someone who vapes 24mg is not going to be a 200w device, or a subohm device.

Ego one, endura t18, evic vtc mini with tron s kit are all viable options. The evic mini can be used with other atomisers as your Vape gear evolves.
    Dhufish likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Starter mod kit for someone who vapes 24mg is not going to be a 200w device, or a subohm device.

Ego one, endura t18, evic vtc mini with tron s kit are all viable options. The evic mini can be used with other atomisers as your Vape gear evolves.
    Any suggestions re. vendors? The tron s kit would appear to be the tank/atomiser. Correct?

I must admit I'm finding the 'box mod' market confusing and difficult to negotiate. All I can say is I'm not ready to try sub-ohm (yet). I'm guessing that would knock quite a few models out of contention!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast