Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gtadmin

Thread: Wall charger for kanger evod

AVF Regular

Wall charger for kanger evod

Hi guys, just have a quick question about charging my evod!

So I have two usb charging cables, but read somewhere you shouldn't charge your battery on a laptop, so I've instead been using a wall adapter I got with my crappy cigalike to charge my batteries.

Am I endangering the batteries by doing this, and more importantly am I endangering myself (don't want any exploding batteries!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Just to clarify, I am using the appropriate usb cables, just unsure about the wall adapter. :-)

Super Moderator
    What is the mA rating of the charger? 420mA? If yes or less, then it's a safe option (as safe as charging batteries can be anyway as there is always a risk when charging ... even car batteries can go boom.)

Charging through a wall adaptor is safer than the laptop, but only for the hardware. I'd rather blow up a wall adaptor than your laptop
    Altered1 and Vapewave like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Thanks!! :-)

Super Moderator
    Just bear in mind that EVOD batteries are on the lower end of the quality scale (better than anything with 'Fire' in it's name though), and should be charged on a hard, non-flammable surface and monitored. Do not leave them charging unattended (applies to all batteries BTW).

It's worthwhile reading this thread
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet