Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cams

Thread: Cool Fire IV Plus and APEX sub tank

AVF Regular

Cool Fire IV Plus and APEX sub tank

I won this from the recent vape meet/fundraiser in Daylesford. At first I thought this wasn't for me at all. But after receiving it and having a play I think it might be the perfect mod and tank for my Mum.

She still hasn't made the jump to vaping from smoking. I think the technology has her a little stumped. Got her Isticks and Silo Lites at first. She got confused with settings on the Istick and had trouble reading the display, accidentally changing output as well. I later got her a Silo Beast (for the top fill mainly) she then assumed the Lite was top fill and that didn't go so well. Gave her a Smok GCT, she naturally assumed it was top fill (I told her it wasn't many times) Mum tried to remove the top, breaking the glass.

I like this new kit. When it's off, press a button and it tells you to click 3 times (3 is better than 5 for my Mum) The screen is quite large. To change wattage you have to press and hold + or - before you can adjust it. It is not overly technical, and that is a good thing. Can deliver 70 watts from an internal battery with USB charging. Charging can be up to 2 amps to hurry it up a bit, 1A is normally recommended.

The Apex tank is quite nice as well. Now for me it would frustrate me. You cannot disassemble it, that would annoy me for cleaning. The airflow comes from the top, travels between the double skin glass to the coil bottom, then through coil and chimney. Turn the top and you can fill it. Unscrew the bottom and you can pull the coil out without leaking (supposedly) The coil doesn't screw in, instead having 2 flat sides to the base so it only goes in the right way. Juice ports seem adequate as well. There are 2.0 ohm coils for it as well but haven't found them in stock locally yet. All the coils come with a spit guard as well, bonus.

So I think it is a big win if you want to keep things simple. It's simple but seems it will be effective. Haven't tried vaping with it yet, as I only have 2 coils at this time and won't be seeing them for a while.

edit I should also mention this prize was donated by Neo Vape Town.

Still haven't decided what to do with the Evic Supreme yet.
    Last edited by Cams; 11-02-16 at 10:59 PM.
    Dhufish and Phukkin like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.