Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: SSOCC Coil disaster for kanger

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

SSOCC Coil disaster for kanger

My partner got the new ssocc coils last week and has been moaning about them ever since.

I thought she was being fussy so I popped one in my subox mini setup, poked a pin in each hole, primed for 15 minutes. I owe her an apology.

They are terrible. No flavour. No throat hit.

The square coils were much better. I looked on the kanger site and there are loads of terrible reviews saying the same thing.

Is anyone having similar dramas?
    Stomp likes this.

AVF Regular
    I agree. I have used both and the square ones last a lot longer and taste a lot better. Only down side is the holes are lot highr, whereas on the new ones they are lower but flavor is worse and crap out quick. Than god I dropped my subtank and turned it into twenty shards of glass. Over buying coils

AVF Regular
    Sh*t I just ordered some the other day to try out

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystico View Post
    Sh*t I just ordered some the other day to try out
    Don't panic I have learnt that sometimes your vaping technique works with gear that no one else likes. Give them a go with an open mind.
    Fatman and Mystico like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

On the plus side it was so bad I decided to use their rta thingy. I don't build my own coils but made a 1.47 ohm coil and it was one of the nicest tribeca vape I've ever had.
    Stomp, Stabs, Tara and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I couldn't get 3 days out of a coil. Maybe I just gotta bad batch. Who knows.

AVF Regular
    I found the same thing with their latest design(round heads), and second latest design(square heads with the vertical coils). I didnt like either of them, and to my dismay, seemingly impossible to find the plain old OCC's. There is one good thing thats come out of all of this though, I finally put a decent build on the V2 RDA Head and figured out how to wick it without dry hitting and or flooding issues. The result is as good if not better than the original OCC's. Have not since looked back, AND, its left me with more bux to spend on over priced premium juices from the states, yeehaw.
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

I bought a subox mini kit as my first vape hardware and tried the occ coils in the minitank, I had problems with wicking , dry hits and no flavor, i use the rba deck only for this tank now and it is great. The occ coils are just not right I have tried vertical and horizontal(work a little better) but overall they are nasty crap! The only other coils I have used from another manufacture are for the aspire nautilus mini... they are much better and greater build quality than the kangertech occ stuff.

AVF Regular
    I haven't used my kanger atty's for months because of the poor quality coils.
    Except for the RBA, which is easy to build and I'm happy with.
    As for the coils they sell, mine tasted of machine oil, and the taste never went away.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    I've been gettin' good results with the SOCC, not the SSOCC coils
    (SOCC = ProTank 1 coils)
    Got'em from FT, thinkin' if anyone has bad ones - FT will 'ave 'em
    Good luck with the SSOCC's

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast