AVF Regular

Courages latest stuff up - Kayfun4 V Crown with RBA

Howdy,

Righto - last time i posted I was stoked about my Kayfun V4 ... it was a great atty .. but you know what like all kayfun/Russions it will screw it's self shut - this bad boy has 4 places this can happen. I of course had to resort to grips to unscrew it and do that enough times you'll wreck anything. I was however sadden by how weak the device was.

Right now I am using a uwell Crown with RBA - its a bit airy for my taste but it certainly does not have any of the issues of a Kayfun (any version). The Crown RBA is a ***** to get right but once you do its easy sailing. I've never been unable to untwist it to refil, desk clean, wick change - and to be honest all my issues with the Kayfun were around that.

AVF Regular
    I have a kraken I can't get apart. pita

AVF Regular
    You'd imagine you could get a twin set of tools, they'd look just like oil filter removers .. i'd gladly pay $100 for a pair .. the amount of attys i killed over the years because of them over screwing. Maybe I should make some and sell them here.

AVF Regular
    You can use lots of different things to open a KFV4 if it's stuck, small screwdriver into one of the air holes lets you get a great grip to twist it open. Small bit of a silicone mat can help you grip them really well, you can even buy a tool I saw someone talk about that is designed to help remove the chimney section from the deck base.

I've never had one real tight myself and I have several, how tight were you doing them up lol.
    Every mighty oak tree started life out just as some crazy nut trying to hold it's ground!

AVF Regular
    Hey dude, been doing this for a few years, am not doing it on purpose - i've snapped plenty of screwdrivers off in the air holes as well I have silica towels - i promise you, some times Vice grips is the only way - unless I create a tool hmmm

AVF Regular
    Rubber gloves will give you the grip you need.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    I've used silicon mats inside vice grips to grab stuck atty parts more than once, only once scratched up the part I was moving.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    They say if you put stuck parts in the freezer it helps to get them undone. It's worked a couple of times for me.