Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Mods for dripping...

AVF Regular

Mods for dripping...

I've ordered myself a magma and a velocity to have a go at dripping for around the house. My subox mini is doing great for at work and out and about but as the pin is fixed I am looking to buy a mod to fit the (magma has the long pin as far as I've been told not sure about the velocity last I saw on a video it fits the kanger mod) RDA's.

I'm in the market for a backup anyways and have been looking at the evic mini TC so I can have the option of TC in the future in a small mod like the kanger yet with some balls to do sub ohm too. I'm assuming the evic will handle the drippers fine?

What I wanted to know is some suggestions from people as to what mods are going and what the pros and cons are. I know they're going to be subjective, just want to narrow down the search for one. Happy to get a few options and go away and do my own research. There is just so much out there.

I'd like them to run 18650's. I'm not against inbuilt batteries if you have an argument towards them.

Tainted.

AVF Regular
    I am a bit of a no fuss vaper, and I recently bought an rx200 which has turned out to be a great mod for out and about and around the house.
    It takes 3*18650 so has battery life for ages, has all the features you would expect from a new regulated mod (200w, TC, battery protection, floating centre pin etc) and I stuck a hanna rda on top, this is a simple dripper but what I like most about it is that it is postless which gives you heaps of build space.
    Together they make a pretty sweet little combo.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikada View Post
    It takes 3*18650 so has battery life for ages, has all the features you would expect from a new regulated mod (200w, TC, battery protection, floating centre pin etc)
    This may be a small initial issue for me as I only have a two bank charger so couldn't charge all three together to keep them matching and married. I may be misunderstanding the term and pulling them all out together charging them one after another and reinstalling them together may be adequate. Perhaps I'm taking the term to ethe xtreme? not sure...

I did think about that mod as the extra battery life subohming on RDA's would be welcome.

Anyone else ?

Super Moderator
    How long is a piece of string LOL
    From what you say , pretty much anything with an adjustable 510 will suit you and thats 99.9% of mods on the market
    Are you looking for all day sub-ohm vaping ( multiple 18650's) or a good quality single cell 18650 that you might have to swap out the batteries now and then ?

I won a Youde Balrog 70W mod in a comp recently and am pretty impressed with it, its a std 1 cell 18650 mod tho with TC in Ni and Ti modes and of course does wattage as well .

Of course the eVic is in the mix too

You have a world of opportunity

the little CoV mini volt is a ball tearer of a small mod being not much bigger than a matchbox but with an inbuilt 1300mA battery you are going to be charging it a lot.
    YiHi SX's ooze quality ( and a bit of a price) , Pioneer4You IPV's in various guises? all good little mods
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    That's spot on what I was hoping for Fatman... Questions to narrow it down. I'll be honest and tell you I have no idea what I "want" as I have little experience.... I will have a gander over the ones you mentioned

I currently have 4 18650 (2x VTC4 and 2x VTC5) charging two at a time and I only use one at a time in my subox. One fully charged sees me all day through to when I get back home (we're talking from 5am to about 6-7pm) for a quick swap and off I go again.

This will more than likely be a "around the house" setup as I don't think I have the time to drip at work and don't really have any vaping buddies that I sit down with and watch some sports and eat pizza. Having said that I am open to both single and dual cell mods, as long as it's something versatile so I can use it as a backup for my tanks incase my subox shits itself or I break it.

Weight doesn't bother me as much as size does. Big bulky units don't float my boat although my mitts are huge... By comparison the subox is a great size. Small enough my hand almost completely covers the mod and tank (just the tip pokes above my hand) so use that as a guide.

Price wise... Is it possible to keep it under $80-100 for decent output device with TC capabilities? I've always been the type of person to get something "decent" with room to grow. Being in perth I don't have the luxury to walk into a store and have a touch and feel experience like my eastern friends do....

If you need anymore info to help narrow it down hit me up

AVF Regular
    Here are my 2 Magmas sitting on the only proper regulated mods I currently own. The 40W Kbox which is really just a basic earlier version of the Subox, & my Eleaf iStick TC60W. The Magmas perform very well on both these mods.

trumpy955 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    How long is a piece of string LOL
    From what you say , pretty much anything with an adjustable 510 will suit you and thats 99.9% of mods on the market
    This ...........................

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    The 40W Kbox which is really just a basic earlier version of the Subox
    I'm assuming the old KBox also has a fixed pin? They seem to be sitting perfectly flat against the mod. I read somewhere that the magma's pin is a little long on the subox and it doesn't screw down flat. Can you clarify?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Taintedhandz View Post
    I'm assuming the old KBox also has a fixed pin? They seem to be sitting perfectly flat against the mod. I read somewhere that the magma's pin is a little long on the subox and it doesn't screw down flat. Can you clarify?
    Yes the old Kbox is fixed pin. Here's the difference in the Magmas. The one sitting on the iStick is a genuine one & the one sitting on the Kbox is a clone. The clone's connector is only just longer than the genuine & there is a slight gap between the atty & the mod. Now when I say slight, I mean so slight a sheet of normal everyday printing paper only justs slips in between the two. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by drifter; 21-02-16 at 07:26 PM.

AVF Regular
    Evic mini, its solid, small and limited to 75watts, that's enough for most Vapers.
    Costing around $50-$60 and battery change is easy with the magnetic cover.
    Fatman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast