• 1 Post By bk_renesis
  • 2 Post By bk_renesis
  • 2 Post By ssstahly

Thread: Mesh gauge vs PG ratio?

AVF Regular

Mesh gauge vs PG ratio?

Howdy,

Getting into mesh wicks with a genny.

Was wondering if there's any general guideline for vaping 30/70 PG/VG ratios?

I've read the higher the gauge the finer the mesh and more suitable for higher PG concentrations but was hoping to get some solid references.

Thanks

AVF Regular
    Also in every video the mesh is oxidised so it does not short out the kanthal.

The way electricity goes its a case of the easiest path. Kanthal is a lot more resistant than SS316.

So if SS316L wire is used it should in be a lot lower resistance than the fine SS strands of the mesh.
    Would I still need to oxidise the mesh if I used SS or Ti wire?

Thanks

AVF Regular
    Yes, oxidise and pulse, but it depends on the atty. Sometimes I just pulse and work out hotspots, the less you oxidise the better the mesh will wick. You're looking for a cherry red glow when oxidising as opposed to bright orange. Never built a genny with ss wire so don't know. I generally use 400 or 200 mesh.

30/70 pg/vg is pretty thick though I have successfully used this ratio in a few gennies. Try 200 superfine.

Make sure you get good mesh, zivipf is the best I've found.
    Last edited by bk_renesis; 24-02-16 at 03:41 PM.
    Fatman and MCYL like this.

AVF Regular
    Also check out this bloke:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-1fXWwu0a9kXhyRokcJ4cw

He is the real Mesh Buddha.
    MCYL likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Yes, oxidise and pulse, but it depends on the atty. Sometimes I just pulse and work out hotspots, the less you oxidise the better the mesh will wick. You're looking for a cherry red glow when oxidising as opposed to bright orange. Never built a genny with ss wire so don't know. I generally use 400 or 200 mesh.

30/70 pg/vg is pretty thick though I have successfully used this ratio in a few gennies. Try 200 superfine.

Make sure you get good mesh, zivipf is the best I've found.
    Am I gonna need a mech or a hybrid? Right now I got cuboid and evic mini both can run bypass but still seems to have shorting protection.

AVF Regular
    You can use anything, just know that gennies are for flavour and not clouds. No need for bypass mode, VW more will allow you to pulse at lower wattages. When the coil is glowing inside out and brightest in the middle, bump up the wattage and check. If no hotspots and resistance is stable, fill and Vape.

Depending on the atty, build technique will differ.

Greatly.
    Fatman and MCYL like this.

AVF Regular
    Wow it feels like 2013 again talking about mesh...

It's not easy to build a gennie, but well worth it when you get it right. Flavor is great! And the coils last ages!

Damn, this is making me want to get a gennie again.
    Fatman and bk_renesis like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    You can use anything, just know that gennies are for flavour and not clouds. No need for bypass mode, VW more will allow you to pulse at lower wattages. When the coil is glowing inside out and brightest in the middle, bump up the wattage and check. If no hotspots and resistance is stable, fill and Vape.

Depending on the atty, build technique will differ.

Greatly.
    That's great to here, I got over blowing clouds 2 months into vaping. Out of all the atties I have I mainly use a KFL clone (expromizer)

Great to hear that I don't need a mech. I had a gander and was surprised how much - essentially a battery holder + switch - cost compared to modern vt mods.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk