Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By johndec
  • 1 Post By ssstahly
  • 1 Post By Tara
  • 1 Post By Tara

Thread: Aspire Nautilus 1.8 ohm BVC Coil after 4800 puffs - Close up pic

AVF Regular

Aspire Nautilus 1.8 ohm BVC Coil after 4800 puffs - Close up pic

I don't usually pay attention to puff counters as everyone *puffs* differently. Myself, I'm strictly MTL and a long puff would be 3 seconds or so but the last time I changed my coil, I noticed the box somewhat claiming 500 puffs a day for 2 weeks, which should be 7000 puffs. So I thought I'd put it to the test. Loaded a new coil and reset the puff counter on my Evic Mini. All puffs were taken at 13 watts (except for maybe the first 20 puffs at a lower wattage to break the coil in).

Almost exactly 10 days later (which has been my seat of the pants experience), the coil started to lose flavour and vapour. Chucked in a replacement but just for fun I pulled the old one apart:

Quite a bit of gunk on the coil and cotton. FYI, I was vaping a tobacco flavour mixed to about 45pg/55vg - Just Tabac Smooth. Still at less than $4 per coil, that's 40 cents a day - can't complain
    trumpy955, ermoon2 and Mystico like this.

AVF Regular
    I actually don't think that's all that bad. Considering the heat it's out through and the constant changing of temperatures (hot-cold-hot-cold).
    My mum only changes her coil when she sees me. Somerimes that could be 3+ weeks. Might take the time to pull one of those apart.
    50/50 mix, red astaire @ 8w
    Tara likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Me either. My dad doesn't like changing his coils very often so I pulled one of them apart after a month+ to show
    him what he was vaping. It was quite a bit worse than that I'm surprised it was still working.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Me either. My dad doesn't like changing his coils very often so I pulled one of them apart after a month+ to show
    him what he was vaping. It was quite a bit worse than that I'm surprised it was still working.
    Tara,

Did you ever get those rebuildable nautilus coil heads, any thoughts.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Oh yeah I did. Just done the one build so far but I will bring up that other thread and post my thoughts so far in there
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Oh gosh, I should take my dads apart, he hasn't changed them since Christmas, however he Vapes off 4 different mods swapping them out regularly so I'd say probably 15 days each coil (roughly), God just saying that doesn't sound right, but he hasn't complained about loss of flavor or vapor production, however one of his machines was running off ceramic coils :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Yeah. As I said in the OP it was still working OK, just starting to go off. I could have kept using it. I can just imagine what the guts of some coils that are vaped to death look like