• 1 Post By dojrude
  • 1 Post By ermoon2
  • 1 Post By zeth
  • 1 Post By ermoon2
  • 1 Post By sj_funk78

Thread: Griffin RTA - Lost ring, how much will it affect the rta *blush*

AVF Regular

Red face Griffin RTA - Lost ring, how much will it affect the rta *blush*

Hi everyone I bought two Griffins and love them, one was working like a champ from the get go and the other one always seemed to leak I was using exactly the same build and wicking on both and couldn't work it out.

I have noticed that the one that always leaks (it goes ok for a bit but then would start to pour liquid out of the air holes) seems to be missing the ring that sits near the juice wells on the deck. I am almost certain that it was there when first built on it....almost certain...mostly certain lol

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on how important that ring is to the RTA as a whole and whether it will still work without it and it's just a matter of tweaking how I wick it??? This "lose little but possibly integral parts of rta's" is on par with the time I lost my Goblin chimney down the kitchen sink when I was cleaning it lol

Thanks peeps

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
    Rumi

AVF Regular
    Pretty sure there's spare o rings in the box.
    Mr Young likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah all the online retailers picture it as coming with lots of spare o-rings! Did you keep the boxes?

AVF Regular
    Sorry, I meant the metal ring that is on the deck near the juice channels
    (second from the left in the pic)

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
    Rumi

AVF Regular
    Try using the ring from the non leaky one on the leaky one and see if it makes a difference.
    sj_funk78 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Did you take a look inside the chimney? Damn thing loves to snuggle up there when you pull the tank apart
    sj_funk78 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I think, I saw Mike vapes do a review on the Griffin and mentioned it shouldn't affect it.
    Pretty sure it just holds the wicking in. Maybe try a thicker wick end? Or longer?
    sj_funk78 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks gang for the responses I had a look inside the chimney but it's not hiding up there - thanks for the great idea thought

I'll try the ring from the other Griffin and see if that helps and also try out some different wicking into the channels to see if I can get it working without making my bag smell like cola lol

Really appreciate all your responses - thanks gang
    ermoon2 likes this.

Rumi