Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Please help with Veppo rip off

AVF Regular

Please help with Veppo rip off

The purpose of this thread it to ask if someone can help me getting money back for a defective product.
    I posted a review a while back which I have just added to and will use a little except from it to give you the picture.

"I needed a bigger, stronger hit so after chatting to the staff online, decided to buy the biggest hitter they have- the VEX ( The VEX Extreme Mod Personal Vaporizer ). Again, multiple problems. More eliquid with floating weird sediment in it, the parts of the device getting stuck together, the glass tank easily smashing when trying to get the pieces of the thing apart to clean or fill with eliquid. They do have excellent customer service though and have sent me 3 replacement VEX vaporizers along with a load of free eliquid and atomizers. The thing is though, I would be happy with poor customer service and having a product that doesn't have so many faults.
    And the prices! When I got on this forum and had a look around I was flabbergasted at how much money they had gorged from me. $24 US for 30mls of eliquid, $140 for the VEX which is just all rebranded Kangertech stuff. An extra tank- $45, a 3400MAH battery- $25!!!! I found the exact same battery on another site someone suggested for $4! Dual coil atomizer 5 pack- $20! The gouging list goes on...
    Also, the eliquid tastes terrible. The plain tobacco flavor is the only one which has a bit of a neutral taste, but it tastes nothing like tobacco. The 32mg of tobacco tastes like bin juice and there are a couple of other flavours that I just can't stand either. But when the price is so high I feel like it may as well be liquid gold I'm flushing away.
    To top this all off, they monitor the reviews for the products and if there is an unfavorable review (like of someone cutting their hand on glass breaking because of poor design) they will not allow it to be posted for others to read. So basically you come into the site and see all these positive reviews and think- wow! They must be really good. Just a marketing scheme which is no doubt making the owner an absolute fortune."

That was back then. Since then the device has stopped working completely and the Veppo "Ninjas" (what they call their support team) put me in touch with their supervisor and I asked for a refund since the VEX has completely stopped working and they don't offer products to cater for my vaping needs. He then referred me back to the support team asking them if it would be possible to do a refund as the initial purchase was in August last year.
    They said that "The payment couldn't be refunded. The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit Reference ID: 0." after 'trying on the computer.
    I smell BS. If the product had any quality then I wouldn't have needed 3 new ones (which all failed)
    I am sure that if I gave them my account details they could put the money into my account.
    They gave me store credit but there is nothing I can use it for.
    Can someone Please help me in getting a refund? All they need to do is put it into my account it is that simple. Am I wrong?
    I tell you what, if they don't give me a refund I will sign onto every vaping review site I can find and give Veppo the review they deserve.
    Please help!

AVF Regular
    Does the company have terms and conditions on their website. They should do. In those T&C should be the rules and procedures around returns and defective products. Does anything in their terms and conditions allow for a refund. If so quote the particular paragraphs and pester patiently. Depending under which juristriction their business is governed you may have some consumer rights, check out those rules and use them for your argument.

I presume you paid by credit card. If so are you still within the time limit where you can ask your bank to charge back.

There comes a point in these sort of disputes where you are the only one who can determine if the effort required is worth the outcome.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Does the company have terms and conditions on their website. They should do. In those T&C should be the rules and procedures around returns and defective products. Does anything in their terms and conditions allow for a refund. If so quote the particular paragraphs and pester patiently. Depending under which juristriction their business is governed you may have some consumer rights, check out those rules and use them for your argument.

I presume you paid by credit card. If so are you still within the time limit where you can ask your bank to charge back.

There comes a point in these sort of disputes where you are the only one who can determine if the effort required is worth the outcome.
    This is where is gets dodgy:
    "E-Cigarette Warranty & Returns

We have the best quality products and the most amazing customer service and want you to be 100% satisfied and successful with our Veppo Electronic Cigarette. We stand behind our products and are here to support you on your new path to vaping. If we make an error in your order we will correct it right away. If your shipment is damaged by the shipping courrier, please file a claim with your local office. Then give us a call so we can send you any parts that were damaged.

Defective Products

For products that just don’t seem to work the way they should or are defective, we will gladly replace them free of charge or offer you a store credit. But what is considered defective? If you think your e-cig is not working the way it should, please call our Customer Service Ninjas to help troubleshoot the issue that you are having and help you decide if it is defective.

30 Day Guarantee

Any unopened or unused product can be returned for a full refund or store credit within 30 days of purchase. But, if you have the electronic cigarette, we would like you to give it a chance. Our Veppo e-cig is the closest product available to the real thing, but there is still some getting used to it. We urge you to be patient and work with our Customer Service Ninjas to help you with your transition. Getting the right flavor and nicotine level you are used to is key in being successful with the e-cig. We are very confident that with our help and your cooperation, we can make your transition to the e-cig a success. If after 30 days of using the e-cig and working with the Ninjas, you strongly feel the e-cig is just not for you, return the product and we will issue you a refund or store credit for 50% of your order.

Returns Procedure

If you need to return an item, simply follow these instructions.

Login into your account,
    View the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu
    Click the Return Item(s) button.

We'll notify you via phone or e-mail to discuss your return. Any returns need to be approved by our Customer Service Ninjas. Returns received without approval will not be issued a refund or credit.

Better yet, just call the Ninjas at 1-888-566-1836. Most of the time, they'll get you sorted out with e-cigarette Ninja tips and tricks."

AVF Regular
    So without the benefit of actual discussions with them (I don't know what they said to you) it appears as they have acted in the manner described in their terms and conditions and that you quasi agreed to by completing the purchase. The next step would be to look at your consumer rights under the laws of their state.

AVF Regular
    So without the benefit of actual discussions with them (I don't know what they said to you) it appears as they have acted in the manner described in their terms and conditions and that you quasi agreed to by completing the purchase. The next step would be to look at your consumer rights under the laws of their state.
    I will be doing that after I find out what state they are in- their location isn't listed anywhere on the site at all... dodgy.....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresmokes View Post
    I will be doing that after I find out what state they are in- their location isn't listed anywhere on the site at all... dodgy.....
    The T&C should say what juristriction the online sales fall under. It might be different to their physical address.
    nomoresmokes likes this.

AVF Regular
    Lots of people get taken by these ecigs bandits, there are a few of them about.

Might be better to forgive and forget. There's plenty of helpful people here that can guide you down the right path, now you've found us. Or you could hassle them like a bad smell until they give you your money... That could be protracted and probably not worth the drama though.
    Crisscross and nomoresmokes like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    My reply to them and hassling them like a bad smell I will:
    "I know that it has been a while since I have purchased the VEX but I have made a load of purchases with the same card since then. I know that many retailers are able to make up their own set of return or refund laws but under "federal law retailers are required to accept returns only if the sold good is defective or if they otherwise break the sales contract".
    My sold good was defective on many occasions and even went so far as injuring me. This injury required medical treatment which cost me money. Even more money than I paid for the VEX. The time I couldn't work because of the injury also cost me a lot of money. In comparative view of all this has cost me, a simple refund seems like a small thing.
    I have already received replacement products which also in time all failed and I do not want store credit. There is nothing I could use it for as the VEX is no longer operational.
    All I want is a refund into my account. If the computer won't accept a refund it is as simple as putting $150 into my account and if you need to, let the computer know it is for something else.
    Thanks"

AVF Regular
    The T&C should say what juristriction the online sales fall under. It might be different to their physical address.
    I can't find it anywhere in their terms and conditions. All I could find was an address in Colorado, who knows what address it is though.
    I like the term ecig bandits! They're the pirates of the ecig world.
    I'm glad I found this community when I did though, now I'm happy with my Kayfun lite plus and eVic mini

AVF Regular
    Is this for a device you've had for 6 months ?

If this is for a US company and for a device 6 months old i think you've got no chance but i wish you luck.
    Tara likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast