Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Uwell crown problems.

AVF Regular

Uwell crown problems.

I'm not happy with its performance, I can't get it to work in TC mode.
    What are your setting, if you get good results, for the SS .25 and .50 coils?
    What temperature and how many watts are you setting for each coil?
    If you use the RBA, what material are you using, what gauge and how many wraps, and what inside diameter?
    I hope when I enter your settings, it fixes my problems.
    The RBA gave me the worst dry hit I have ever experienced.

I forgot to mention that for the first month or so I was using the Ni200 coil, with great results.
    Last edited by disley; 01-03-16 at 11:15 AM.

AVF Regular
    What mod are running it on ?, I love my crown tank but I find it varies from one device to another. I run @ 260 degrees C on 60 watts on most mods. sometimes 45 watts in power mode but I read somewhere the SS coils have nickel legs and that it can affect TC, maybe power mode isn't the best idea although Im not sure that the coil legs really heat up , I haven't used the RBA section yet.
    Last edited by Rustdust; 01-03-16 at 11:42 AM.
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Regular
    I've put my Crown aside for a while in favour of the Melo 2 I bought. I found the Crown (.5 ohm SS coil, ~45-50w on my MVP pro) a little too airy and tasteless for my liking (but massive vapour). The Melo 2 makes enough vapour for me, and tastes better, is warmer and less dry I reckon (no dry hits, just drier vape). I've never been a fan of building coils, but I thought about the RBA section because I really wanted the Crown to be awesome. I haven't tried the .2 coil yet, not sure if it'll make much difference or not...

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

AVF Regular
    I'm using mine on the Efusion DNA200 mod.
    With Escribe software, and the DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum.

AVF Regular
    I had some trouble finding csv file for SS that worked well with my DNA, are you in the facebook group DNA200 themes I have put a couple on there you can try, one for 0.25 and one for 0.5, although I wasn't entirely happy with them, I have another one I am using at the moment that was given to me by an AVF member last year but I forget who, addappt maybe. Apparently if you make a csv file in steam engine selecting 304 SS rather than 316L SS it works better but I haven't tried it myself.
    the file names in the FB group are
    DNA200-UD-SS_316L DJaquith V3
    DNA200-Parallel-Crown SS_316L .5 ohm Elite-SteamEngine
    DNA200-Parallel-Crown SS_316L .25 ohm Elite-SS_316L _Elite-SteamEngine

the first one is the one I have loaded at the moment, if your not in the FB group let me know and I will see if I can get then to you somehow. there is a few for SS on there, or make one on steam trying 24 gauge - SS 304 - parallel.

... OK I had a dud coil so I puled it apart and it looks to be about 7 or 8 wraps and the inner coil dimension are quite large, maybe 6 ml. So I might try a new TFR with 24 gauge - SS 304 - parallel - 7 or 8 wraps and a inner coil dimension of 6 mm. At the end of the day I'm not sure that these coils were meant to be a TC coil.
    Last edited by Rustdust; 01-03-16 at 03:39 PM.
    disley likes this.
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Regular
    OK I think this is considerably better, actually it heaps better ... 24 gauge - SS 304 - parallel - 8 wraps and a inner coil dimension of 6 mm.
    Last edited by Rustdust; 01-03-16 at 04:13 PM.
    Tyzer likes this.

AVF Regular
    I forgot to mention that this was based on a 0.5 ohm crown coil that I dismantled and it would be reasonable to assume that the 0.25 ohm coil would be less wraps

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustdust View Post
    OK I think this is considerably better, actually it heaps better ... 24 gauge - SS 304 - parallel - 8 wraps and a inner coil dimension of 6 mm.
    What temp and watts do you run it at?
    I have a SS 24g coil with 9 wraps and 3mm I.D in it at the moment.
    It's only average, I'd like more clouds and flavour.

AVF Regular
    I run @ 250/260 degrees C on 60 watts
    disley likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    not yet have a crown tank, hope others can help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast