AVF Regular

How to improve wicking with Genny's

Hi All,

Finally started using Genesis styled attic with the in'ax.

I found all the pros described to be true, great flavour, enough vapours a miser with the juice.

That said it is not not without problems.

I've tried first build, using #325 mesh and SS316L 28g wire. Using a mix of oxidising and rolling paper I have no problems with hotspots with the coil heating inside out as it was meant to.

The problem I have is that the wick doesn't seem to deliver enough juice to the coils. In this sense it feels like a cig-a-like, too many or too long a draw and dry hits occurs. Then after letting it rest it goes back to normal again.

Unlike my usual tanks cutting down airflow will not do much as juice flow depends of capillary action vs. vacuum

I know adding a higher pg to the mix should increase juice flow but is there other finer techniques to using mesh I'm missing out on? ( courser/finer mesh, more mesh rolled etc?

Thank you

AVF Regular
    Heard of the genesis tilt? Keep the wick to the bottom as you vape, as it empties, tilt a bit more. check the 9.50 mark in this

Last edited by lheamfrg; 03-03-16 at 11:10 PM.

AVF Regular
    actually watch the whole thing and the following pbusardo one. May be 3 years old but gives you the basics

CMB
    AVF Regular

And buy a cotton atty

You can get them to wick well but they are always hit and miss unless you get the build spot on. I used to use 200 mesh with higher VG juices FWIW.

Inverted gennies are awesome though, but even more of a pest to set up.

Like everything in vaping it's always a trade off between great vape, ease of set up and reliability.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    actually watch the whole thing and the following pbusardo one. May be 3 years old but gives you the basics
    I've watched it all ages back. My tank has no window.

And no I ain't binning it...because:

In between my first post and now I've hit the mark (for now)

I used 20mm x 80+mm of #400 mesh and rolled it as tight as I could get it.

It turns out to be a big wick just fitting the hole.

Packed this right coiling the wire was easy as it didn't crush down the wick.

I looks like the key is to have as much mesh as possible as each layer wicks.

Chained about 10mls so far..all good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Another option is to make an additional core wick. So you have the one wick that's like like a tube and the second that's like a rod inside the tube. The outer wick is just a few mm shorter than the inner one, though they sit flush on top of the coil. It's the only wick that really works for me.

If you look for Sat22 builds there's a Asian bloke who does a silent vid who shows how to make this wick perfectly.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    #200 superfine from zivipf and 50/50 pg/vg.

You're welcome.

AVF Regular
    Forgot to ask, what resistance?