AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Issues with Smok TFV4 - Low resistance

Hi All,

I bought the Smok TFV4 a while ago but haven't really used it much until now.

My first trial was with the triple coil and I found that I don't have a mod powerful enough to drive quality cloud or flavour - I have an Aspire Pegasus 70W and an eVic VTC 60W.

All the reviews I see say that for the triple and quad you really need to drive closer to 100W through it to get preferred results.

Anyway - I bought the Dual Clapton coil the other day and most people seem to get good results around the 70W mark.

It is friggn awesome. To me worth every cent.

I have an issue though. On the VTC i can't use it - I always get a 'Low Resistance" error on the mod and it is seeing the ohm rating as under 0.2.

On the Pegasus I got the same this and sometimes "Short Resistance".

So I know that it appears to be a connection issue as when I tighten it all down quite a bit I can get it going through the Pegasus. My problem is I just can't get it going on the VTC.

Suggestions?

AVF Regular
    The mods might not be able to go to that low resistance. Maybe check the specs to find out what the lowest is it will go.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Also consider rounding. My devices may say 1.2 ohms but in fact it may be 1.15 ohms - something as simple as this is often overlooked. Try wrapping an extra coil to increase the resistance per coil.

AVF Regular
    Also the tvf4 have a longer screw thread than alot of other tanks. It causes issues with some mods screwing it down tight. Try loosening it and see if it reads ok, if so you can cut a piece of card or something under the tank?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Cheers all.

The coil is 0.35 ohm and i have had a 0.2ohm in before.

Ill have to try the screw depth and see how it goes