Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Blue tongue Mods Hybrid Newbie questions.

AVF Regular

Blue tongue Mods Hybrid Newbie questions.

A week ago I was lucky enough to be gifted a brass bluetongue hybrid by Vengaman.

As it is not only my first product of this brand but first mech and first hybrid and first non center wicked Genesis (ala nextgen/In'ax) I have a heap of questions. Please help out if you can.

1. The mod tube:

As a hybrid using the telescopic extender 18650s fit fine. However using 18350, no matter how far I extend the atty pin it just won't stop rattling. How do I get around that?

That said with the 510 adaptor it works great with both batteries.

2. Wicking:

Having 2 holes for wicks and two screws for contacts I made a diagonal cut wick and fitted a coil into each side. I've also tried shoving a 3mm straight wick in each side and put a coil on each. It doesn't seem to give me hot spots but even on 28g kanthal 3x wraps and a full battery nothing much seems to be coming out of it. From my calcs resistance should be rather low so I'm a little confused. Would love to hear how the veterans setup theirs.

3. Airflow, firstly the AFC loses its alignment with the slightest knock. But I found an easy fix
    That said is there a proper solution to it? A thicker O ring perhaps?
    Also. How come there is only one air hole when there is accommodation for 2 coils?

4. Heat, HEAT, HEAT. The atty part despite having 2 layers of metal gets hot, damn hot!
    In fact it got so hot that it's melted the insulator on the center post to the spring!
    The pics don't show it properly but I'll be buying another from BT mods.

So all in all. Any advice from long term users would be greatly appreciated!

Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    18350 question. You using flat or button tops. I've only used 18350 with 510 top cap. Although I had the same issue too.

The atty itself to be honest is a pita. Youve found the same issues Ive had, Which is why I haven't tried it for 12 months or so.

The tubes, button, too cap are awesome bits of kit though. Ice carried this in 18350 every day just about to work with a late in lite on top.

sent from my emptying glass

AVF Regular
    I only see 3 wraps with 2 coils? If that's 28g kanthal you've got .2-.3 ohms there mate... no wonder its burning to hell.

Try 5-6 wraps of 32 at least, if you are going to use dual coils. Even then it will still be warm.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    wick too long maybe - potential to short (hence heat, etc.). also dual gennies are real picky - you need those coils to be identical and placed the same - even distribution of coils etc. etc.. and I honestly think the ohms will be too low for decent performance. remember - gennys are flave not clouds.

I build most of mine with 28g (or twisted 30g), usually 4/5 wraps - always c 1ohm.

I never ran it in dual as it only had a single airhole config - and I had the same issue originally with lining up inner and outer. I got around that by using an o-ring on the silver inner so it sat between the inner and outer. any RDA o-ring should do the job and be virtually invisible and better looking than a vape-band.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vengaman View Post
    I build most of mine with 28g (or twisted 30g), usually 4/5 wraps - always c 1ohm.
    That's how I build my gennies on a single coil.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Thanks everyone for you input. Single coil I got it first try. But you guys probably know me by now... I'm a sucker for tinker pain. So far I've had to Dremel form a new insulator and in process of making a new spring. Will update in...oh an hr if I found where my new spring went.

On a 18350 I got connection in the end but it just didn't seem to provide enough amps to fire the coils...just wispy vapours

AVF Regular
    Single wick, single coil, 1ohm+, no headaches.
    floorzone2 and C'baoth like this.

AVF Regular
    4/5 wrap 28 kanthal,wont look back.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    Well, I made some changes to the atty the main one being the replacement of a heat proof insulator. After much difficulty I got a U wick and 2 coils working.
    However, on 2nd try it seemed a complete waste of time.
    Given the dimensions of the blue tongue it's far easier to build 2 3mm straight wicks and coil to my hearts content. More juice, more flavour. Easier build. Now I'm looking for some local with the right tools to drill an extra air hole. All in all turning out to be a GREAT hybrid

AVF Regular

Well I made some modifications:
    The melted insulator is now replaced with ekowool right through the center tube.

A quenched 24G SS wit is now the grip stock/spring. And running 6 turns if 28G kanthal about 1 ohm on a 2.5mm hollow Uwick. As it's not very hot it never dry hits but...the just something about it that can't match the same taste and "thickness" of the In'ax mk2R.

I think I wanna find a In'ax hybrid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast