Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By muscovyduckling
  • 3 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By BatDan

Thread: Need A Portable (Self Powered) Battery Charger For Mini Volt Mod

AVF Regular

Need A Portable (Self Powered) Battery Charger For Mini Volt Mod

I have never used a portable (battery powered) charger for my e-cigs before. I have a need for one now, as I have purchased the Mini Volt mod. The battery life of it will probably not be enough for a day. I was wondering if there were things that I might need to know about portable power chargers, when using for an e-cig mod, before I purchase one?
    Thanks,
    Toe.

AVF Regular
    Oh Toe I just PIFfed two MVPs - you can use them to charge other devices.

Perhaps ask in the classies if anyone else has an MVP mod for cheap?
    shaneo likes this.

Super Moderator
    Anything that gives out a regulated 5v @ 1 Amp or so should do the job... buy quality (i.e. not $3 off ebay )

Are you talking a battery powerbank, if so I have a Qidan one .. quite well made and has lasted a couple of years now with no drama powering all sorts of things
    I like the fact you can put 18650 cells in them and therefore you get the choice over the quality of the internal components AND you get an extra source of 18650 batteries for further vaping mods

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1424/10004461/1457402 something like that and some quality cells from supersports600 on ebay and you are laughing !
    Last edited by Fatman; 21-03-16 at 07:47 PM.
    CCVaper, BatDan and shaneo like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Yes, that's right, I'm talking about a battery power bank. An 18650 cell charger would be perfect, as I have a few spare. I will check out the link. Thanks for the voltage @ Amp info too, just what I was looking for. And thank you to muscov for the MVP tip. Will also check this out.

AVF Regular
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've been using a Cygnet 110000 mAh power bank for nearly a year now. It seems to be an honest 11000 mAh and has two USB outputs - one 1A and one 2.1 amps. Power button, and 4 LEDS for level indication.

I have some 18650 mods that don't charge the battery and in that case the Soshine SC-S7 is a tiny single cell universal charger that can be powered from a 1amp USB if you need it to be. (standarge power input is a 12V jack. It's in front of me right now running off the 1 amp USB on the powerpack.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I got one from vaperise. Well, 3 actually. Best 25 I've spent

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF