Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: EVIC VTC MINI / EGO ONE MEGA TANK Playing Up - Wicking Issue?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

EVIC VTC MINI / EGO ONE MEGA TANK Playing Up - Wicking Issue?

Hi all,

Purchased an evic vtc mini kit about 4-6 weeks ago and has been working fine the whole time until the last 2-3 days.

Have changed coils 2-3 times so I don't think it's the coil (have primed the holes on side of coil and also 1-2 drops down the guts and let it sit etc etc.)

Issue I am having is running Titanium coils in TI Temp Control mode, first 3-4 hits are fine great flavour and really strong. Then it starts to go downhill and has a slightly off taste too it which is quite foul. The only way I can get it to work good again is by taking tank off / putting it back on again or by shutting off the air hole and blowing into the mouthpiece. Then it will work fine again for 3-4 hits, then starts to taste off again. Quite annoying.

I haven't been doing anything different that I know of so if anyone has any idea what could be causing this I would love to hear your advice??

Generally in temp control mode titanium I vape around 240C at anywhere between 30-45 watts. Coil resistance locked in at 0.43 also.

Cheers,
    Nick

I am guessing the coil. Also check the 510 connection is clean and dry. I have had a similar issue and it was the 510 connection.

I have the eVic VT and had the same issue with the ego one mega. Would work fine for a couple hits then the flavour would disappear. Unscrewing the tank from the base just abit (breaking the air seal) would result in an air bubble and the tank would work great again for a couple more hits.

I'm a straight lung guy and I just don't think the wicking is sufficient. However it may very well be an air flow issue. I haven't found a fix, haven't really tried.
    Holmesy likes this.

Hmm the thing is I have tried 3 new coils over the last few days. Even tried a nickel coil and it's doing the exact same thing.

The bit that's got me stumped is the fact it wasn't doing this before? Has only just started now eg something has to have changed one would think? But I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Have ordered a crown rank to replace but doubt it'll be here before Easter

Quote Originally Posted by Nick22 View Post
    Hmm the thing is I have tried 3 new coils over the last few days. Even tried a nickel coil and it's doing the exact same thing.

The bit that's got me stumped is the fact it wasn't doing this before? Has only just started now eg something has to have changed one would think? But I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Funny, I did the exact same thing, my crown is in the post. I was fortunate enough to have a Atlantis laying around for backup though.

AVF Regular
    Do you have the v1 or v2 Atlantis Homie?

AVF Regular
    I hope its not what i had...long story short i sent my 2 VTC Minis back because of weird ohms drops from previous working to then, after sleep or shutdown, being oddly lower and resulting in anemic (weak) vapor.

I dont want to recall the entire horror of that experience if this doesnt fit what you have, its still too raw many months later...the horror, the horror

But i can tell you i had one VTC Mini work well for nearly a month, well enough i bought a second one (bad move). The first one developed the fault at the month mark, the second one had the issue fresh out of the box..

A few things to try

1) Check your ohms before and after a power off/sleep, does it change? (i.e. If after waking up/power up can you see the ohms reading suddenly inexplicably drop a few seconds after the screen comes on?)

2) Try a different tank if possible, with temp control wire. Rule out the tank

3) If not able to use a different tank, do you have a kanthal coil to test with? (the issue i and others experienced only happened with temp control (resistance) wires)
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 23-03-16 at 01:24 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick22 View Post

Might be your juice? Off nic or vg?

AVF Regular
    be a good idea to 1, make sure everything is clean and well snugged up and then 2, make sure you updated the firmware to the latest Software download - Joyetech
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Mega tank coils have really small juice ports. As you have been soaking it the first few hits would be good and then downhill from there as the juice just doesn't soak the cotton enough.

I have one which came with a Evic VT. After a while I purchased the titanium rebuildable coils for it hoping that would fix the problem. But even they suffer the same fate.

I stopped using it and got something else, seems to be the only fix.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast