Like Tree14Likes
  • 14 Post By Fatman

Thread: Provari mini how low can they go?

AVF Regular

Provari mini how low can they go?

Just wondering if anyone knew its minimum resistance tolerance, I build a lot with SS nowadays

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    1.3 ohm from memory

AVF Regular
    1.5 ohm is the sweet spot, .9 is as low as low as they go.

AVF Regular
    Guessing it's the same electronics in the full size?
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

Super Moderator
    Warning ... Potential Mind Explosion to follow ...

OK with vaping ( and forums, and vendors, and anyone else ) the last few years we have been "Trained " to think of things in terms of Resistance and Wattage, and the only thought to Amps is when we are sub-ohming and pushing a battery to its limits.
    So as a result of this we logically conclude vaping is all about resistance... but electronics and regulation ( if you are talking safety) is all about AMPS...
    So imagine this, if you only measure/calculate watts ( as most do ) then you can fit really low resistances and melt shyte and burn the crap out of liquid and melt insulators and make batteries explode
    Consider 100Watts .. now at 0.2 ohms thats 22Amps ... but at 2.0 ohms its only a tad over 7 ... same power, much different Amp draw (of course you are talking big Voltages, over 14V, to drive the 2.0 Ohm that high)
    But Provari coming from an older take on things is actually CURRENT LIMITED , yes folks it will only deliver so many AMPS ... V1 Provari 2.5A ... V2 3.5A ... P3 currently 5.5A

So when using a Provari you kinda have to mindshift a little , because its not about the mindblowing Watts and uber low resistances , its about creating a super stable high frequency output( up to 800Hz I believe?) with filtering to provide a very flat output , whereas other PWM's some as low as 33Hz can be sending huge volt spikes into the coil as they oscillate.
    This is why on a Provari (p1 to P2.5)you don't set the watts , you control the VOLTAGE at a set AMP rate You are controlling an actual measurable factor rather than relying on an algorithm ( calculating Watts)
    SO yeah anyway I digress
    P1 1.3 Ohm cutoff
    P2 and up 0.9
    P3 0.5 (P3 also has a wattage algorithm where it displays the watts but still controls Voltage )

Provari is, and always has been, about a safe performing vape to provide an alternative for smoking... it hasn't strapped on a pair of oversized testicles and concentrated on the cool factor of "Cloudz Bra' " at the expense of that ...
    Last edited by Fatman; 25-03-16 at 10:20 PM. Reason: It Hertz so bad I had to change it
    D1git, gtadmin, Stomp and 11 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Sweet it's just hard to build higher resistance on SS316L that's all. Perhaps I get some 32G wire

AVF Regular
    I'm a bit worried with the 0.9 cut off, this is with a heap of wire (kept real close) and then too being stuff I pulled out of a Nautilius BVC head... I know I'm desperate for thin high resistance wire.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    The people at Many Cloud Vapin'
    have been working on the Soyuz IV Style extension

Imagine your mini on top of the bottom section, (no flames).
    With four 350's in parallel for that extra longevity.
    Someone Photo Shop this for us

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Oops "How low" not how long ... doh
    3.5 amp limit, if your mini thinks your battery is up to it.
    Try 1.4 ohms so you DNA200 can still limit it.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid