Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ud goblin mini v2 airflow

AVF Regular

Ud goblin mini v2 airflow

Hey guys i just got one of these and was wondering if you guys find the airflow a little tight? And also im getting leaking when i fill it any fixes for this? I havent built a coil in a while but was thinking maybe the tight airflow was due to excess wick in there but that wouldn't account for the leaking. Any thoughts?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Hey guys i just got one of these and was wondering if you guys find the airflow a little tight? And also im getting leaking when i fill it any fixes for this? I havent built a coil in a while but was thinking maybe the tight airflow was due to excess wick in there but that wouldn't account for the leaking. Any thoughts?
    I haven't got one, but the usual bugbear of top fill bottom coilers is pressurising the tank when you screw the top cap on, causing flooding and therefore leaking from the the air path.

The wick arrangement can affect both air and leaking. For example if the wicks are fluffed up too much they can reduce the space in the chamber while not providing enough resistance to juice flowing into the chamber under slight pressure. Next time you re-wick it pay attention to the arrangement of the wicks in the channels. I don't mean stuff it into the channels, but do align as much of the wick as you can with the channel. Stuffing the wick into the channels may be the next step if you can't solve the leaking problems but it may slow the wicking down a bit too much.
    steve.c and axx like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I haven't got one, but the usual bugbear of top fill bottom coilers is pressurising the tank when you screw the top cap on, causing flooding and therefore leaking from the the air path.

The wick arrangement can affect both air and leaking. For example if the wicks are fluffed up too much they can reduce the space in the chamber while not providing enough resistance to juice flowing into the chamber under slight pressure. Next time you re-wick it pay attention to the arrangement of the wicks in the channels. I don't mean stuff it into the channels, but do align as much of the wick as you can with the channel. Stuffing the wick into the channels may be the next step if you can't solve the leaking problems but it may slow the wicking down a bit too much.
    Cheers fab, i just read they suggest inverting the tank after filling to let the pressure out, like the old kayfun technique. Ill give that a try. I hope i can improve the airflow though.

AVF Regular
    Interested Steve to see how you go.. I was going to buy one and a mini volt for occasional vapes as I have not vaped for 2 months but still feel that I might and wanted a small setup but this worries me slightly :-(
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nickj1979 View Post
    Interested Steve to see how you go.. I was going to buy one and a mini volt for occasional vapes as I have not vaped for 2 months but still feel that I might and wanted a small setup but this worries me slightly :-(
    The flavour is great and vapour production is fine but the draw is tight and the leaking is an issue too. It may be my wicking though. I havent built in a while so it may just be my build. Definitely a tasty vape though.

axx
    AVF Regular
    Hi Steve,

Ive had the goblin mini v2 for 5 days - which wicking technique are you using? - Ive had zero leaks with first build, some leaking with 2nd build (as you described) zero with third - that was using native wicks which got a little out of control - although I get condensation on the top of my mod.

I use Vaping Bogan wicking technique which gives me zero leaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr4e3zQhfFU

Northern Fog's technique is below which is less successful (for me) & will cause leaks if tank is left on its side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhvkrhggkBk

The draw is tight - I set airflow to 20-30% which for me helps pull liquid to the coil - it doesnt seem to effect air flow. I use single coil adaptor with a 26g 8 wrap 2.5 mm coil at 1ohm - I Love it, its my first rta for mouth to lung, silo has been sitting unused since last weekend
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks axx, yea i saw bogans teqnique and ill give that a go. I was jsing the one i saw on the grimm green vid. The tight airflow has put me off. I wanted it for direct lung hits not mtl. Ill rewick it bogan style and see how i go. Its a neat little tank and great flavour but atm its airflow makes direct lung a bit too restricted. Cheers!
    fabricator4 likes this.

axx
    AVF Regular
    I think Grimms way is the same as Northern Fogs which seems more common in my research - trimming the cotton parallel with the top of the chimney and pushing it down like a subtank but its unstable on its side & a disaster on the zephyrus - even if its ok for a day it drops its load within a few days.

I can lung hit with my v2 mini but dislike that as I have a 10mg/ml mix in there, im not saying the rta is for this or that but for me its not a good direct to lung tank (at least not like a subtank or my crius performs) but superb for mouth to lung, unlike something like the subtank where you can close it down but for me is not a satisfying mtl tank just cause the airflows closed off.

Its all in the consticted rba & short form factor & I agree great vapour & flavour
    steve.c likes this.

axx
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nickj1979 View Post
    Hey dont be worried, I love mine for mouth to lung style vaping in public, best flavour & it would look fantastic on a colt mini!
    steve.c and trumpy955 like this.

AVF Regular
    Yea I direct lung have done since I started so don't think it's for me but I may still give it a try.. Don't know why I'm going to try it though as my vtc mini and subtank and xvostick all work fine lol
    steve.c likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast