AVF Regular

Triton Mini Questions

Howdy and happy Easter. Now I love RBAs but I do have needs for plug and play atties at times.

Now currently my favorite is the Nautilus Mini with their BVC coils.
    Problem is, it's about the worlds most fragile atty.
    I was wondering if Triton Mini users find that same flavoursome experience with it much like the Nautilius mini using the same coils.

Lastly, not a plug but I found BVC clones from Bestecig a lot more reliable and consistent than those from aspire. They also have a funny wire that seems to be a different alloy in the middle.

Regards and thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    I probably have the right gear to compare but my vape style would affect the results.

Nautilus 5 ml. - largest airhole
    Triton Mini - widest AFC

with the above setting (I lung hit mostly) the triton is more airy, it also tends to whistle when half closed and I can't stand it.
    The Nautilus is the perfect quiet ninja but I now wish it had two large airholes.

Flavourwise with my setting, (9-10W on BVC , 11-12W claptons, 1.2 Kanthals) they are almost identical. Still not a very accurate assessment as I only use the Triton at work and vape more at home with the Nautilus.

If you ask me if I can replace the Nautilus with the Triton, the answer is Yes....and no. The large Nautilus is still is just a 1 fill a day tank, the Triton mini needs several fills a day (particularly with claptons) and its fill holes aren't big enough for the plastic nozzles of 30 ml. bottles. For me the replacement for a Nautilus will have to be an RTA with a coil build that isn't a juice guzzler.

AVF Regular
    Let me know when you find that RTA andron I'll get one too!

MCYL, if you like your Nautie but keep breaking the glass, you can get various replacement tanks for it to help - one is a full SS tank, there's also a SS tank with a t shape glass window to see the juice level, and there's a glass one with a SS lattice pattern over the top to protect the glass.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Nautilus and the mini verison were the favorite tank when I started vaping, tried vaping on a friend's triton(not mini), it's good but I don't think it's compatible with BVC coils.

AVF Regular
    I heard they used the same coils hence my interest. The triton mini just looks more compact and sturdy. As to capacity that ain't an issue for me. My attys have around 2ml capacity. I just carry around several flavours in 10ml squeeze bottles.

AVF Regular
    Speaking of capacity I dunno what is it with Gennies but they seem to get a lot more mileage with juice e.g my In'ax mk2r holds 1.5ml but on 20w just seems to keep going and going

AVF Regular
    RE: aspire clapton and 1.2 kanthals for the Triton mini works on my Nautilus 5ml. and should on the Nautilus mini
    Personally, I'll stick to BVCs which as cheaper, maybe even clone bvcs.

I've tested the Triton mini on an eGo one Mini and still not a bad match aesthetically, I just don't like constant voltage so the ego is rarely used. I pair the Triton mini with an iStick 40W TC and take it to work. A tube near 20mm dia. is probably a nicer look.

As for the noise, if you're used to sub-ohm tanks, this pretty much sounds like them but whistles when partially closed.
    The Nautilus is best for its silence (12 -14W, clapton)

----

Ducky - it might be the Griffin RTA 25mm, coming out mid April. I just hope it won't extend over the Cuboid otherwise I'll have to get a Wismec RX200

AVF Regular
    I just bought a Triton Mini and the damned thing refuses to wick any juice at all. I'm attempting to soak the second coil after priming it to see if I can get it to work at all. Otherwise it's a bust for me.