Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: ProVari Procyon 50W

AVF Regular

ProVari Procyon 50W

Procyon

AVF Regular
    I think their time would have been better spent designing a dual 18650 100 watt box mod, instead of this. I'm a Provape fanboi at heart, but I just think this is kinda pointless.
    Captain, moza and steve.c like this.
    Provari V2 - CF Sub-Ohm Battery - Eleaf iPower 80w - ECT X.FIR II - Aspire Nautilus - Aspire Atlantis - iClear 30 - Eleaf Lemo 2 - Alien RDA

Super Moderator
    I think that probably explains their recent "Blem" sale on V2.5's

I get what you are saying Chris , but I think Provari is locked into sensible baby steps and doesn't see itself locked in a war with 200 gigawatt boards of dubious quality.

IMO Provape still sees itself as a quality device to replace smoking, rather than an "advanced vapers" plaything?

50W and a 0.4 ohm capability will cater for 95+ % of vapers in the real world ( We get a bit lost on forums, because they are full of the 10% of vapers who make it a lifestyle rather than simple harm reduction as well as maybe less than 10% of new vapers and people googling to find out what its about) * All figures plucked out of the sky but my gut tells me the figures are probably lower rather than higher than those 10%'s !

I know for myself if I wanted another regulated mod this set-up would suit me and TBH if it was in a radius form , I would probably throw my money at them , something I have slowed down a lot doing lately ... If I want more than what this offers then I have numerous squonkers and mechs to play with.

Over the years the ONLY regulated mods I have used for more than a few months at a time are my EPM'S and Provari's ... funnily enough the only mods that have remained rock solid and perform exactly as the day I bought them , something I cant say about Hana's, Smok's, Segelei's, etc ( I have to make exception for my e-holly 30 watt vamo and perhaps Yihi MiniSX because they are the ONLY cheaper( and not so cheap in the case of the SX but they both use yihi chipsets) Asian produced mods which also meets the criteria... they are rock solid too)
    I think as dedicated techno grabbers, we cycle mods so much or the market convinces us we need another mod so often, that we seldom keep the same mod for years...

If I was trapped on a deserted Island with a solar battery charger and a choice of just one mod, it would be an EPM or Provari, because neither of them rely on being "disposable" and thus partly engineered with that in mind like so many other mods .
    moza, gtadmin, chris1972 and 7 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I think that probably explains their recent "Blem" sale on V2.5's .
    My thought exactly when i saw this in my email.

As i clicked.. i hoped the new provari offering would be anything but a tube mode... damn it... i hope they make a "side-by-side" style mod eventually.

FWIW... ive been vaping for a decently long time.. im rarely venturing over 7w..
    Captain, moza, Robray and 2 others like this.
    The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism - Norman Vincent Peale

AVF Regular
    0.4ohm... Disappointing. Waiting for these guys to release something I can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Even now I use SS coils on my Bellus RTA at 0.15 - 0.12ohm and 30-35watts so 50watts is plenty jut don't get the 0.4ohm thing... Oh well suppose I can wait for a newer version of the radius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    The Greek scrolls look interesting

Why is it that so many manufacturers put a "Hellenic" spin on their hardware?
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    I dont understand why they havent introdiuced usb charging on their tube mods

AVF Regular
    Well considering its not a TC device. 0.4ohm is fine if using Kanthal. No real need to go lower than 0.4 on Kanthal.

Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    Even now I use SS coils on my Bellus RTA at 0.15 - 0.12ohm and 30-35watts so 50watts is plenty jut don't get the 0.4ohm thing... Oh well suppose I can wait for a newer version of the radius
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Well considering its not a TC device. 0.4ohm is fine if using Kanthal. No real need to go lower than 0.4 on Kanthal.
    Using SS now, and the highest I have used is 0.2 live the battery life compared to the 0.5 coils

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast