Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Shorted 18650 :(

AVF Regular

Shorted 18650 :(

Hey all, so last night my dual 18650 mod had a little issue, must of been a short. The firing button got super hot super quick, now the batteries won't charge (brand new LG's ) is there anyway to fix these? They don't seem to even charge or hold charge so assuming they're f***ed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Bin them, plain and simple ... ALWAYS check your atty with a meter or on a regulated mod ... shorts just don't occur , they are MADE ... either thru bad building or poor maintenance ( or in the rare case poor material choice in a mod ... cheap insulator rather than Delrin or PEEK )

If you "think" it must of been a short and don't have the skills or experience to diagnose it you shouldn't be mucking around with dual battery mechs IMO Same as thinking about bringing a cell back from the dead ... there are certain ways you can with a cell that has been "gently" taken lower than it should but that battery should never be trusted again in a high drain situation ...

So bin the batteries and think about why the problem may have happened to you then investigate as to why it did... when you can demonstrably prove why and know how to rectify then feel free to do so .... til then stick to stuff a little safer is my advice .
    Robray, giruvian, gtadmin and 11 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Did you use those random batteries that some one left on your door step?
    trumpy955 likes this.

AVF Regular
    That's what he means by brand new.
    Tara likes this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    That's what he means by brand new.
    I think your on the money dude...

AVF Regular
    Nah, I got two new ones from victory vape last week as well as some juices. At the time I didn't have an atty on it, I had literally just put the batteries in there (the right way!) after on the charger. As I was holding the mod in my hand I felt the burn from the fire button that I had accidentally pressed, whilst trying to balance a ton of sh*t to take to my room, so I ruled out a short by atty. must of been something internally..

AVF Regular
    What mod was it?

LNB
    AVF Regular
    ▲▲▲▲ What mallee said....

AVF Regular

For the nonbelievers.

It was the Nookie mod (clone). I believe I found out what the issue was. Yesterday, my mate was playing around with the mod itself with no batteries or RDA, the fire button seems fairly loose, so I'm assuming it's been unscrewed a little perhaps? But would that cause a short?

AVF Regular
    Maybe you had your button pressed longer than you thought, hope you haven't stuffed the batteries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast