Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Overheating.

AVF Regular

Overheating.

Over the last 3 months as I've been gaining experience in builds I've encountered a new problem that needs to be addressed.

As my coils got more uniformly spaced, with intended level of heat flux and cotton/mesh wicking sufficiently I've been able to up the wattages of all my atomizers from an RDAs to the Crius to KF-style and finally gennies without dry hits or gurgling.

And the vape quality is great, however with frequent vaping everything just got TOO DAMN HOT!! Especially so with metal drip tips or tiny drip tips like the In'ax.

Starting to burn insides of lips and the entire mods start to absorb a little too much for my liking (heat from atty not battery) as lithium a tend not be as efficient warm.

Am I doing something wrong? Should more heat be turning into the juice or is this just to be expected?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Some atties run hot mate, Delrin, wood, Teflon, pma, acrylic drip tips will not heat up as some atties do.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? Should more heat be turning into the juice or is this just to be expected?
    Not really no. You could try devices that let you experiment with more efficient designs like vertical coils (let the debate begin LOL) but it sounds like you are finding the limits of the equipment rather the build.

If you're in a happy place apart from that issue you are good. Maybe have a few sets of equipment you can use in rotation, rather than hammering the same device all the time.

If I can't vape all the time I take the reverse approach - increase the nic content and vape less. This had the unwanted side effect of reminding me how much I like a nicotine buzz, but I'm working on getting it down again.... Honestly.... :-D
    D1git and muscovyduckling like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Bugger...I don't know what Athea mods was thinking with cooling fins. Fins need moving air to be really effective (In the end I blow through them every few vapes)

But yeah apart from that I'm in a very happy place. No dry hits, no splutters, no gurgles. Especially so with the In'ax MK2r the little mofo gives the driest vape ever as any spit back is horizontal and ends up on the deck eventually back on the mesh. For 1.5ml it's goes a long way at 25-30w. But dang it gets hot! Worse is the drip tip is the AFC and the Teflon bit is quite short.

Tastes great, juice miser, live in the tropics...means blowing through then fins all day long.
    As to Nic. I'm pretty much not dependant on it nowadays but I enjoy cracking my batches of DYI and noting down changes as they steep.

But yes I do find myself cycling through setups as some just get too damn hot at power settings I like

AVF Regular
    Yep, rotation is the key. If you're not using much nicotine then I can see how you could be vaping that much. I have to put my down after five minutes, or I nic myself. Cooling fins will still work unless they are stacked fins which I think they are in this case - of dubious use. You're almost better off having a big block of alloy as a heat sink and radiator - painted black.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    It's great for one thing where the fins are, they are well above the air hole and I build my wick tight so it can be dumped upside down and not leak. I just lock off the airhole and stick the 1st 1/2 under water

AVF Regular
    may need to open up the air holes and suck harder . If you've been a MTL you may not be pulling enough air through to keep things cool.
    just a thought.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Super Moderator
    I can't use ss drip tips anymore as they just heat up so quickly. And I've burned my cleavage before when shoving a mod down my bra as the atty was really hot lol
    D1git, gtadmin, Stomp and 1 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Super Moderator
    😨

Written on 21st Century papyrus
    giruvian and Fatman like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    I can't use ss drip tips anymore as they just heat up so quickly. And I've burned my cleavage before when shoving a mod down my bra as the atty was really hot lol
    cant reply to that one without getting in trouble
    giruvian, gtadmin and Fatman like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast