AVF Regular

Would Ceramic Coils Help To Vape N-E-t's?

Hi,

I have recently discovered that there are now ceramic coils coming into the market. For the longest time, I have avoided N-E-T's because of how the good ones instantly destroy my coils. One of the companies even boasts self cleaning (for the coil, not the wick). So I would like to know if these new ceramic coils could help to make N-E-T's go further before having to re wick? Just wishful thinking partly.

Toe.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toe Tall Noob View Post
    Hi,

I have recently discovered that there are now ceramic coils coming into the market. For the longest time, I have avoided N-E-T's because of how the good ones instantly destroy my coils. One of the companies even boasts self cleaning (for the coil, not the wick). So I would like to know if these new ceramic coils could help to make N-E-T's go further before having to re wick? Just wishful thinking partly.

Toe.
    There's two types of ceramic. There's the white porous type with the traditional coil, where the juice is vaporised off the ceramic, and then there's the non-porous medical technology which I think is the Altus and the juice is vaporised off the wick. The Altus is subject to several patents and is unique, being a chip design with a tungsten filament. It also seems to be the next logical step in vaping technology, however the other great advance that would could be partnered perfectly for this, temperature control, has been completely overlooked by the inventor of it.

Since the introduction of the Altus a lot of the porous ceramic manufacturers have been making more noise but the fact remains that the porous ceramic clags up and needs to be dry burned, and the life expectancy is 6 months or less (I get that out of Kanthal coils already if I'm careful).

The Altus ceramic chip should not be dry burned, and has a warranty of 1 year. I'd advise you to wait for V2 of the Altus. It needs a redesign to make it easier to re-wick, and devices need to be able to do temperature control on the tungsten chip, or it needs it's own device to do temp control with the chip (they missed the obvious - making a smart chip that could more accurately do real temp control.

Have a play with the porous technology if you wish, but it's nothing new and hasn't seemed to have made much of a good impression.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 02-04-16 at 08:52 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I couldn't find a vendor for them I'm surprised no one has used metal on resistor substrate as a heating element. It can never go red hot but vaping temps are definitely possible. Either like a big inefficient chip or an inert printed circuit board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    For me I want (and willing to try build a vaporizer where the wick IS the heating element. Have temperature and juice flow rate controlled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    For me I want (and willing to try build a vaporizer where the wick IS the heating element. Have temperature and juice flow rate controlled
    All you would need would be a mod that does TC on stainless. Use a stainless wick on it's own as both wick and element.

It would be a bear to make and set up, but very low maintenance once you had it working. Just dry burn it every now and then, rinse (literally) and repeat.

(Edit) It might spit like a... camel? too, if the liquid vaporises inside the rolled wick. Logic seems to indicate you'd need a single layer of mesh between the terminals and maybe you could avoid this.

Builds like a bear, spits like a camel, vapes like a ???????
    Last edited by fabricator4; 03-04-16 at 08:45 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    I couldn't find a vendor for them I'm surprised no one has used metal on resistor substrate as a heating element. It can never go red hot but vaping temps are definitely possible. Either like a big inefficient chip or an inert printed circuit board.
    That's essentially what the Altus chip is, I think. Tungsten filament on a non-porous substrate.

I can't see the Altus for sale in Australia, and US sites I looked at were all out of stock. They must be selling them as fast as they can make them at US$120 a pop.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 03-04-16 at 08:56 PM.