Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Cleaning stinky atomisers

AVF Regular

Cleaning stinky atomisers

I vape unflavoured juice and often when I buy an atomiser 2nd hand it stinks of some chemical that cannot be removed. Even when the seller claims they will ultrasonic clean the atty it comes stinking like crap. (I am actually dubious that the sellers clean these things)

Vinegar and ethanol sometimes help but other times the atties are basically tainted and never come right.

Is there any way to clean these things without an ultrasonic cleaner? Or is that it?
    Crisscross likes this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I vape unflavoured juice and often when I buy an atomiser 2nd hand it stinks of some chemical that cannot be removed. Even when the seller claims they will ultrasonic clean the atty it comes stinking like crap. (I am actually dubious that the sellers clean these things)

Vinegar and ethanol sometimes help but other times the atties are basically tainted and never come right.

Is there any way to clean these things without an ultrasonic cleaner? Or is that it?
    I clean with hot water and dishwashing liquid, rinse with hot water and vinegar. I use little brushes to get into knooks and crannies.

IMO the main culprit is the orings and other plastic seals. I pretty much always replace with new. If that's not an option then remove them all and soak and let dry a couple of times. The orings absorbe some of the eliquid so the only way to clean is dilute as much as you can.

I feel for you. My menthols pick up any residual taste. I get about 90% success rate.
    CMB and Northerner like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post

Pull the o-rings off and rinse them and the atty as well. Juice can get stuck under them that rinsing won't reach
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I clean my tanks in a ultrasonic cleaner and never had any residual smell remaining in the tank.

5 minute clean with a couple drops of dishwashing liquid.

AVF Regular
    if there's been a mint or menthol in a device that has any plastic parts, good luck.
    if it's stainless and glass, strip it down and boil it and possibly replace anything likely to be porous
    Stomp, Fatman, disley and 1 others like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Yes, don't use mint and spearmint, even menthol's are no good in atty's, they take weeks to remove the taste, washing is not enough.
    D1git likes this.

AVF Regular
    I just did the ethanol, hot water, soap, rinse, vinegar, rinse treatment. Considerably less stinky.

Might try the boil now thanks D1git.
    D1git likes this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    i cant comment on if its safe or not.

But for the real bad stuff i use them alcohol swabs doc's use pre needle stabbing.
    you can buy box of 200 for 7 bucks at your local chemist in the diabetics area, then sonic clean/hot water.
    D1git likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    Yes, don't use mint and spearmint, even menthol's are no good in atty's, they take weeks to remove the taste, washing is not enough.
    I don't use any flavour, that's why it's such an issue.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    i cant comment on if its safe or not.

But for the real bad stuff i use them alcohol swabs doc's use pre needle stabbing.
    you can buy box of 200 for 7 bucks at your local chemist in the diabetics area, then sonic clean/hot water.
    pretty sure the old KFC wipes are the same thing, hint
    trumpy955 likes this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast