Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Homie

Thread: EVic VT battery issue?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

EVic VT battery issue?

Hey guys, had my eVic VT for a couple months now and it's working fine but I'm concerned about the battery. I wouldn't say I'm a chain vaper but running a 0.5 ohm coil at 40 watts the battery is barely lasting me a day. From what I understand this guys supposed to have a 5000mah battery! Now I'm concerned because I'm at that place where I just wanna find a good, sturdy, reliable mod (seriously considering the radius) but if I'm blowing through a 5000mah battery in a day, what hope does anything else have?

I've tried googling if anyone has experienced less than expected battery life but found nothing. Prior to the eVic I was using an aspire sub ohm battery (2000mah) and was getting a similar life span. Is my eVic a dud?

Ps. If anyone has a suggestion for a good, solid mod, preferably with internal battery or onboard charging I'm open to suggestions. Doesn't need to be powerful as I don't vape anything below 0.5 ohms at no higher than 40 watts. Don't care about tc either.

AVF Regular
    from my ex its just how long they last i had 3 evic's and i got about a day out of them....had istick 20 whats they dident last a day....istick 50 watt.. it lasted about a day.....now i use a koopor and a rx 200..... i get about a day out of the koopor.. useing vtc5 2600 mah *2......and the rx 200 take 3 and it last about the same time as the koopor......watts and ohm's will affect bat life and how much you vape.....but from my exprince most last about a day......ive used menny others and all of them about a day......

AVF Regular
    sticking with lipo batts im sure what to tell you. the vic was known to be battery pig especially in TC mode.

Im running samsung 30q's with the istick 100tc on a 0.25ohm coil @ 60w and i get a day chain vaping.
    day and a 1/2 running a subtank 0.5 ohm at 30W

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Hey guys, had my eVic VT for a couple months now and it's working fine but I'm concerned about the battery. I wouldn't say I'm a chain vaper but running a 0.5 ohm coil at 40 watts the battery is barely lasting me a day. From what I understand this guys supposed to have a 5000mah battery! Now I'm concerned because I'm at that place where I just wanna find a good, sturdy, reliable mod (seriously considering the radius) but if I'm blowing through a 5000mah battery in a day, what hope does anything else have?

I've tried googling if anyone has experienced less than expected battery life but found nothing. Prior to the eVic I was using an aspire sub ohm battery (2000mah) and was getting a similar life span. Is my eVic a dud?

Ps. If anyone has a suggestion for a good, solid mod, preferably with internal battery or onboard charging I'm open to suggestions. Doesn't need to be powerful as I don't vape anything below 0.5 ohms at no higher than 40 watts. Don't care about tc either.
    Have a look at how you are using it. 40 watts is not small change.

If you assume a battery nominal voltage of 3.7V, that's a current drain of close to 11 amps. That's a battery total runtime of 27 minutes. For a 12 hour day, thats 2.25 minutes per hour, and if you assume a puff duration of 5 seconds, that's only 27 puffs per hour.

If you are heavy vaper you won't get 12 hours out of it. The good thing about 18650 mods is that you can carry as many batteries as you need to, to get through whatever period you want, and it's usually more cost effective to do so (compared to having more eVic VTs). The trick with having a mod with a built in battery is to work out some means and time to give it a boost charge. You don't have to flatten lithium batteries before you charge them, and in fact it's better to not do so. I normally try to charge my batteries before they get down to 3.5V open circuit voltage.

Edit: Now that's interesting. The figure for total battery run time in minutes is the same figure for the number of puffs per hour, always, for 12 hour time period and 5 second puffs, 'cause 5x12=60.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 14-04-16 at 03:31 PM.
    Robray, lou and axx like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Just to add, if you change the way you are doing things for your carry-out vape, you can make a huge difference to your battery run times. For example, a Kanger subtank mini with a single 1 ohm coil does DL quite nicely at 18 watts, it's a pretty good vape. That would more than double your battery life while you are out of the house.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 14-04-16 at 10:38 AM.
    Fatman and axx like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hmm all excellent points, however 0.5 ohm at 40 watts is my happy place. It's allowed me to go from 12mg -> 9mg -> 6mg in the course of 2 years (and honestly i feel confident i could probably take nicotine out at this stage).

I guess I'll just have to shop for a mod without an internal. Thanks everyone!
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Hmm all excellent points, however 0.5 ohm at 40 watts is my happy place. It's allowed me to go from 12mg -> 9mg -> 6mg in the course of 2 years (and honestly i feel confident i could probably take nicotine out at this stage).

I guess I'll just have to shop for a mod without an internal. Thanks everyone!
    I have been using a similar setup vtc mini for over 6 months, I usually use 0.4-5ohm SS could if you can get a whole day that's great! I was using TC with Ti coils down to 0.14ohm and I can tell u pulling over 12amp I would not get 1/2 day.

I still use the mini however i couldn't resist and recently purchased a Radius and I can tell u now it has become my All day device!!! This thing is solid! The consistent vape I get from this is unbelievable, I have dropped the watts down to about 25-26 with a 0.5ohm SS coil and battery lasts all day. The big difference between the two is once you get to about 1/2 battery the mini seems to churn through it faster and I need to take longer vapes/ warm up vapes if that makes sense. Whereas the radius is just as smooth and good as when the battery has a full charge...

Still use the mini at times as I still enjoy some flavours with a cooler vape in TC mode. However the radius is definitely my favourite device now. Btw I vape high to 100%vg @ 3mg now