AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Replacement tank for Innokin Endura T22

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to vaping. I bought myself an Innokin Endura T22. While I think it's a great little unit I'm finding it lacking for my personal taste in a few areas.
    1. Lack of air flow control. It's quite tight and the replacement coils I bought seem to be even tighter than the ones that came with it
    2. Lack of flavour. The first few hits off a new coil are great. Big clouds, huge taste, but it quickly dulls to a fairly bland taste and switching liquids, they all seem to taste the same.

So I'm wondering if I can replace the tank for something else and if that's going to fix my issues. The one problem I have is that you can't change the wattage on this mod/battery (whatever it's called). So I think I'm stuck with 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coils. It's a 2000mah battery, 14 watts regulated.

I can't justify spending a huge amount of money on a completely new setup, but I'm hoping if I upgrade the tank now, I can buy a better mod down the track and upgrade piece-meal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    TheOtherHercules

AVF Regular
    The Silo tank has a nice amount of airflow (although still very much a MTL tank) and would be a logical upgrade from the t18/22 tank. It takes nautilus/triton mini coils which come in 1.6ohm - these work very nicely on my 14w T18, however sometimes 1.8ohm coils burn if you put them straight on the T18 without breaking them in a bit. So I'd recommend you only get the 1.6o coils.

Another good choice would be the Cubis tank, this provides more airflow than the Silo (but can still be used MTL if you close off the airflow) and you can purchase 1.5ohm coils for it which should suit your 14w output, or use the RBA head

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Another good choice would be the Cubis tank, this provides more airflow than the Silo (but can still be used MTL if you close off the airflow) and you can purchase 1.5ohm coils for it which should suit your 14w output, or use the RBA head
    +1

Agreed ! Just moved from the Endura T18 to the Cubis tank with the 1.5 clapton on an Evic Mini VTC and it is lovely to have a cooler vape with air!!

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll check out the cubis tank with a 1.5ohm.

Can someone clarify for me, looking at ohm/wattage/voltage charts, it looks like 14watts for a 1.5ohm coil is too hot? That would correlate with my experience, but then I wonder why on earth Innokin would put such a combination together.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherHercules View Post
    Can someone clarify for me, looking at ohm/wattage/voltage charts, it looks like 14watts for a 1.5ohm coil is too hot? That would correlate with my experience, but then I wonder why on earth Innokin would put such a combination together.

Those charts were created back when the equipment available wasn't as good as it is today (mainly, using small wires ~34g and perhaps 36g with relatively poor wicking). Nowadays, they use 30g or even 28g wire and much better wicking, allowing more watts to be used.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

hmm so how can I know what ohms are save to run on my gear? Should I stick with 1.5ohm coils only? or can I branch out?

AVF Regular
    I'll throw the Sub-Tank mini there as a choice as well. It comes with the RBA section or you can use the prebuilt OCC coils. It has three settings for airflow and I can use it for DL or MTL though the air would be a little too loose for some people. It's also a slightly warmer vape, but not too objectionable. The wattage charge you looked at is for older style devices.

No flavour can be that the liquid is not suited to the heat it's running at, but it's also a common problem that new vapers experience. It could be over use, or it could be you needing to get used to vaping PG (vapers tongue etc). If you're chain vaping slow down a little - you might need to increase the nicotine content for a while.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.