Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By Fatman
  • 2 Post By sikpuppy23
  • 2 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Icr batteries

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Icr batteries

Hi i bought some samsung icr batteries buy mistake and was wondering if they be ok in a subox mini
    Or they useless for any regulated device but is it ok

Last edited by sikpuppy23; 19-04-16 at 11:01 AM.

Or i use them in a diy powerbank instead

AVF Regular
    It's only a 2C battery, but the capacity is quite high, so maximum power from this battery should be considered to be 23 watts based on the nominal voltage (3.75V)

Charge voltage for this high capacity is 4.35 volts, not the usual 4.21 volts so you may not see the full capacity since most chargers will not go that high.

The cell seems to be equipped with a PTC circuit to protect it from high current drain, however it's temperature dependant so I wouldn't rely on it. The spec sheet doesn't mention any other protection circuits: http://gamma.spb.ru/media/pdf/liion-...R18650-32A.pdf

I think I'd only recommend using this in a mod with full protection circuits (short circuit, low voltage) and within the 2C current drain (6400mA)

Edit: it's a useful battery if you want something with high capacity. Used correctly in anything like a 20W maximum mod, it will run all day. For the SuBox mini (Kbox 50 watt) I can't recommend these batteries. It would be dangerous to put these batteries in this mod. If you forgot and turned it up much higher than 23 watts, or it got adjusted accidentally, or someone else tried to use the mod and didn't know, then a serious accident could occur.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 19-04-16 at 01:25 PM.
    Fatman, btobw, akef38 and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    ^^^^ This man saved me a lot of typing
    Crisscross, fabricator4 and akef38 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Damm i usualy vape the subox at 25 watts 0.5 ohm coils
    Oh well they good for powerbank thanks for your help

I now have a 25600 mah powerbank lol ☺��
    Fatman and fabricator4 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sikpuppy23 View Post
    I now have a 25600 mah powerbank lol ☺��
    couple that with a Soshine Universal charger and you will be able to keep your next lot of batteries charged for well over a week even you are away from power ;-)

I suggest the Samsung 25R batteries. http://www.vapeking.com.au/samsung-i...ery-25r2-25r5/

Universal charger: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1203300
    Fatman and sikpuppy23 like this.

Any good for torch to or not good

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sikpuppy23 View Post
    Any good for torch to or not good
    It depends on the torch. The Cree LED units draw about 700mA each and a small single cell high quality torch has four of these, so perfectly safe (total current 2800mA, less than 1C) These batteries will run that torch for a couple of hours each.

A word of warning though, these torches are not vented - they are intentionally made water proof, which seems a bit silly when you think about it, plus the case tends to run very warm as it is the heatsink for the LED array. I have one and only like to use it for about 5 minutes at a time. Some people drill holes in the battery case for venting in case something does go wrong but of course it's no longer weatherproof. Without the holes, if the battery vents then the torch becomes a pipe bomb.

The best advice I can give you is don't put batteries that have just come off charge into the torch and turn it on. This goes for any device really.