Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Belated Review eLeaf iStick. What next?

AVF Regular

Belated Review eLeaf iStick. What next?

Well.
    After 17 months of continuous use - and I'm still a very heavy vaper - I have to say that the original iSticks I got in the Gruffers' co-op back in late 2014 were the best bargain I ever scored.
    While one is still going strong, the other's thread finally gave up the ghost.
    All that time I've been using these with the other great bargain, the original Aspire Nova BCDs, and it's been fabulous. Trouble-free, low-maintenance vaping at its best, for my needs, anyway.
    So far the thread on the other unit has been fine. No warning signs as yet, which were present for a good six months before becoming unusable on the other one.

But this means I'm down a mod, so I need to replace this little guy.

Are iSticks still good or better? Looking at a 40w if I can get one. I just like these little mods and look forward to another year or so from a new one. Best to stick with what's been working, for as long as I can get them
    Last edited by essiemessy; 20-04-16 at 08:15 AM.
    Yasmin likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Well they've gone tech-up like most other things: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ah-temperature

People who use them seem to like them and they are as cheap as a poor mechanical was two years ago. You don't have to use TC mode, just run it in power mode and it should be good.

The Australian price will be a little more of course, but they are still an affordable device - it would be be pretty hard to go too far wrong really.
    essiemessy likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yep. What I was thinking. And yes, was planning on buying here in Oz, so that's not an issue at all
    Thanks

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    Yep. What I was thinking. And yes, was planning on buying here in Oz, so that's not an issue at all
    Thanks
    This looks like the best Aussie price: Eleaf iStick 40W TC - VV/VW - Temperature Control Mod 2600mah | Aussie eCigs

I've never used them, so don't know anything about this company.
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    Well.
    After 17 months of continuous use - and I'm still a very heavy vaper - I have to say that the original iSticks I got in the Gruffers' co-op back in late 2014 were the best bargain I ever scored.
    While one is still going strong, the other's thread finally gave up the ghost.
    All that time I've been using these with the other great bargain, the original Aspire Nova BCDs, and it's been fabulous. Trouble-free, low-maintenance vaping at its best, for my needs, anyway.
    So far the thread on the other unit has been fine. No warning signs as yet, which were present for a good six months before becoming unusable on the other one.

But this means I'm down a mod, so I need to replace this little guy.

Are iSticks still good or better? Looking at a 40w if I can get one. I just like these little mods and look forward to another year or so from a new one. Best to stick with what's been working, for as long as I can get them

Essie, I got the tc 40 watt as my first mod and it's a bloody awesome piece of kit... Amazing bang for your buck.

Since then a dna 200 , couple of mech mods from Jr French... He's on the Gold Coast.

A squonker and almost a billet box lol...

The Istick is with me now and fits completely in your hand. I love the fact u can turn the temp down early in the morning and not blow your head off or if after a few wines at night play around with it and blow 315 degree clouds in the Ijust 2 tank with DL massive hits... You never get a dry hit causes it is constantly reading changes in coil resistance and thermal protection. It really is idiot proof for a beginner or it has functions for the seasoned professional or advances vaper..

The menu is so easy to use and batt life is pretty good... I'd recommend to a friend with no worries ��

I paid $69 for mine with a gs tank and two NC Coils which u will need for tc... The gs tank is a much tighter draw and was great to get me to stop smoking but got into the larger Ijust tank a few days after and wouldn't go back, so if u don't have a tank that can take nickel coils you will need one. If your mtl the gs is good, if DL the Ijust.. A pack of 5 spare coils is only $10
    Last edited by 81cep; 20-04-16 at 08:51 AM.
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Awesome! Thank you very much, guys
    LOL the TC mode thing will be something I'll have to worry about when my stockpile of Aspires & coils runs out. But good to know for when that does happen. I'll be back to square one, but that's for another day

AVF Regular
    ive had the istick 50w, 100w and now the 100TC

50W had problems but mine never skipped a beat, the chrome on top was a pain in the ass but bang for buck couldnt be beat.

100w was eleafs epiphany that one moment of pure clarity of listen to vaper = win. they got rid of the chrome( on the black version), no longer had an internal bat.
    Dual 18650 for long run times and light weight. Had it for over year of constant abuse before the 510 gave out even then fixed with glue.

100tc ive had for a week or so, seems to be following in the steps of the 100w but smaller in size.
    dual 18650 and upgradeable to 120w
    the casing is only held together by 4 screws so its easy to play around with the guts if that takes your fancy.
    the hidden switch and Hard lock feature is a nice addition and prevents pocket firing well enough.
    Menu settings are a little fidgety in temp mode and not for everyone but in kanthal its simple.

All in all you can call me a eleaf fanboy for the price and what you get, ive always got a istick as daily driver and i cant see that changing anytime soon
    essiemessy and 81cep like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    ive had the istick 50w, 100w and now the 100TC

All in all you can call me a eleaf fanboy for the price and what you get, ive always got a istick as daily driver and i cant see that changing anytime soon

Yep. I totally get that. I've only used my iSticks and EPMs for a long time.

AVF Regular
    Essy have a look at the Istick Pico it's small & beefy & under $50 or about $65 with the Melo mini atty. I only vape at 12W even though the Pico has 70W & TC you use it how you want. It feels great in the hand.
    gtadmin, Stomp and essiemessy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I've never used them, so don't know anything about this company.
    There's a discount code for Aussie Ecigs I found: aussievapers for 10% off. It's from a couple of years ago so I don't know if it still might be active.
    essiemessy likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast