Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Mod suggestions?

AVF Regular

Mod suggestions?

Hey everyone,
    So I am thinking about upgrading my mod soon and thought I would check in to see what suggestions come up.

There are a few requirements that I have:

-Must be regulated
    -Must have good range of safety features
    -Decent battery capacity (moderate to heavy vaper)
    -At least 60W range
    -Easy to use or limited menu options
    -TC not required (no interest in this)
    -Not too big

I currently have a cool fire 4 plus which I really like however its only a matter of time before I want something new.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker87 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    So I am thinking about upgrading my mod soon and thought I would check in to see what suggestions come up.

There are a few requirements that I have:

-Must be regulated
    -Must have good range of safety features
    -Decent battery capacity (moderate to heavy vaper)
    -At least 60W range
    -Easy to use or limited menu options
    -TC not required (no interest in this)
    -Not too big

I currently have a cool fire 4 plus which I really like however its only a matter of time before I want something new.
    Are looking for something budget wise, or something high end? 18650 mods OK or built-in battery which I think is what you have in mind?

That will help narrow it down a bit.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Oh, and personally I have a VTC mini on the way, everyone seems to speak highly of them for a budget mod.

AVF Regular
    May i suggest, seeing you want to upgrade, to purchase a mod that uses replacement batteries rather than built in ones.
    At least these will not be a long term disposable and easy to just replace a battery when needed rather than having a mod on charge.
    I know you would need to purchase extra 18650 batteries and an external charger but in the long run, you can use them with any future mods.
    A very popular mod is the EVIC VTC Mini [you do not need to use the Temperature control options if you don't want them]

AVF Regular
    Sigelei 150w

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Not issues spending a bit of coin if it's a good quality product.
    I guess my biggest must have is safety, bit of a stress head and always paranoid that things are going to blow up (mods, microwaves, ovens, stoves...the list goes on) yeah it's a problem LOL.
    Durability is also important, I am fairly careful with my things but don't want a fragile mod that breaks if you look at it the wrong way #eleaf
    Already have a 18650 charger so that's good to go and no issues buying more batteries.
    Replaceable batteries would prob be a good thing so I can just do a swap over and not have my mod on charge.
    Oh I did forget to mention that it must be able to fire down to low ohms...

AVF Regular
    How low in ohms?
    If you need lower than say 0.2ohms then i would prefer a mod with dual batteries.
    0.3 and higher would suit a single battery mod providing you are using good high drain bats.
    Evic VTC Mini is a good single battery mod
    trumpy955 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Not issues spending a bit of coin if it's a good quality product.
    I guess my biggest must have is safety, bit of a stress head and always paranoid that things are going to blow up (mods, microwaves, ovens, stoves...the list goes on) yeah it's a problem LOL.
    Durability is also important, I am fairly careful with my things but don't want a fragile mod that breaks if you look at it the wrong way #eleaf
    Already have a 18650 charger so that's good to go and no issues buying more batteries.
    Replaceable batteries would prob be a good thing so I can just do a swap over and not have my mod on charge.
    I'd still say the VTC mini. Replaceable 18650 but you can still plug the mod in to charge if you want to, fires 0.1 to 3.5 ohms in VW mode, 22mm, large screen, sophisticated TC mode in case that becomes important later, variety of colours. 60 watts standard but I believe a firmware upgrade lets it go to 75 watts.

The only thing I can't vouch for is the durability, until I get it in the mail. I drop my mods all the time even though I try not to. Smashed the purple glass on my subtank mini this morning (damn!). My Kbox mini has stood up to everything though- had a kickin', still tickin'. One thing I will say is the budget mods are just that - they are durable enough for what you pay for them but the use and abuse is going to catch up with them sooner or later. The only fail type complaint I've heard about the VTC is the fire button but I've noticed with box type mods I don't press so hard because the grip feels more secure.

I'll be using my Samsung 25R batteries in it when it arrives. I've been running these at up to 50watts and they haven't missed a beat - even at that current draw they don't even seem to change temperature at all.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 23-04-16 at 11:50 AM.
    tel likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpy955 View Post
    Sigelei 150w

That is one nice looking mod! Looks pretty big though so would need to see it to determine if it's too big for me.

Had a look at the Evic VTC Mini and I quite like it! Good colours and looks like a good size too.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    That is one nice looking mod! Looks pretty big though so would need to see it to determine if it's too big for me.

Had a look at the Evic VTC Mini and I quite like it! Good colours and looks like a good size too.
    The sigs are bullet proof mods. Harder to kill than a cockroach, ive drowned mine, dropped it and it keeps on keeping on. compared to a computer mouse. Feels solid and nice in the hand. Dual battery so decent life too. I got the tc version and i still use this one more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast