Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Snow Wolf 90 watt tc mod??

AVF Regular

Snow Wolf 90 watt tc mod??

Hi all,

I've been looking for an inexpensive mod that I can use as my daily in car... ( got a lil Eleaf tc 40 to back it up )

It's got to be able to use my starter Eleaf tanks that have ni coils and switch over to a couple of rda drippers that I never go over 60 watts with.
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this mod as I can get it dirt cheap from a mate for less than $50 aus.

To me it seems to tick all the boxes but little info on any problems? If any?

I'm unsure how u could actually get 90 watts out of a single 18650 but I won't ever go that high so it doesn't bother me.

Any thoughts or experience with this mod would be much appreciated.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 81cep View Post
    Hi all,

I've been looking for an inexpensive mod that I can use as my daily in car... ( got a lil Eleaf tc 40 to back it up )

It's got to be able to use my starter Eleaf tanks that have ni coils and switch over to a couple of rda drippers that I never go over 60 watts with.
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this mod as I can get it dirt cheap from a mate for less than $50 aus.

To me it seems to tick all the boxes but little info on any problems? If any?

I'm unsure how u could actually get 90 watts out of a single 18650 but I won't ever go that high so it doesn't bother me.

Any thoughts or experience with this mod would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    People who own a snow wolf seem to really like them. I *think* they use their own chip, even if it was reverse engineered from an evolve something or other it's different enough to be their own product.

You are right, 90watts from a single 18650 is probably wishful thinking. 90W PMPO (pretend mystical power output) maybe. We will need some new battery technology to really achieve this. It's an OK price, so long as it is in fair condition.

Just food for though: the VTC mini can be had new for about the same price from SlowTech. I don't think it has anything like the same build quality, but it does have a programmable TCR mode so has the possibility of running the Guo Altus ceramic tank in TC mode and anything else you might want to try. (Except TC on Kanthal)!

I've got a VTC mini turning up in the next couple of days, hopefully.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    People who own a snow wolf seem to really like them. I *think* they use their own chip, even if it was reverse engineered from an evolve something or other it's different enough to be their own product.

You are right, 90watts from a single 18650 is probably wishful thinking. 90W PMPO (pretend mystical power output) maybe. We will need some new battery technology to really achieve this. It's an OK price, so long as it is in fair condition.

Just food for though: the VTC mini can be had new for about the same price from SlowTech. I don't think it has anything like the same build quality, but it does have a programmable TCR mode so has the possibility of running the Guo Altus ceramic tank in TC mode and anything else you might want to try. (Except TC on Kanthal)!

I've got a VTC mini turning up in the next couple of days, hopefully.
    Thanks fab, it's new in a box so hoping not doa lol...

It's $50 with him driving it over and I know where he lives so mates warranty/beer won't be an issue..

I know there is a snow wolf breed of buyers but I'm not and neither is he.. He actually bought it for his wife but she ditched cigs cold turkey and he's now progressed to a high end dripper conessoiuir of sorts...

I thought at $50 inc post it's pretty good for what it is suppose to do? My worry is my maths tells me there's an issue from the outset without giving it a flogging..

Thanks for your reply, bit rusty on my old elec days but 90watts is a big call from a standard 18650.. Maybe a top of the line batt with high discharge but that would be almost the cost of the mod..

Think I'll chance it, hope their chip is ok..

I'll post a lil review when I get it...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 81cep View Post
    It's $50 with him driving it over and I know where he lives so mates warranty/beer won't be an issue..
    Good price, yes. Normal RRP seems to be about US$80

I know there is a snow wolf breed of buyers but I'm not and neither is he..
    Yeah, it's bit cult of the fanboi stuff, but I've never heard anyone say bad things about Snow Wolf generally. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any reviews on this one which is strange. Normally the reviews hit YouTube before the productions models are in the shops.

I thought at $50 inc post it's pretty good for what it is suppose to do? My worry is my maths tells me there's an issue from the outset without giving it a flogging..
    Yes indeed. I think the 90W may be the same as the 75W model but with the firmware changed to allow it to be set to 90W. It's pointless. Did you watch Phil's review of the Vape Forward Stout 100W?
    88 watts was the best he was able to get, and that was only briefly. The power output drops off as the battery sags further and further. To put it in context, I'm running a dual core RDA on my Kbox mini flat out at 50watts. It's actually doing very well with it, but conks out when the battery gets to about half charge. Expecting an 18650 to run even 75 watts for any length of time is asking too much IMO. I'm running Samsung 25R batteries.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Snowwolf 90w vape mode discount price:$49.90

AVF Regular
    Head over to House of Vape. There is an IPV (of some sort) and with the 30% works out real cheap like $40 or something stupid like that.

Single batt mod doing 90 watts, I doubt it, max seems to be 75 watts.
    fabricator4 and eLicky like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Head over to House of Vape. There is an IPV (of some sort) and with the 30% works out real cheap like $40 or something stupid like that.

And that's only for a short time. Once the battery voltage drops a little, so does the watts.

AVF Regular
    I was looking at these too. Decided on an Eleaf ipower. Same size but has a 5000mah battery. Admittedly the snow wolf does look better but single 18650's drain so dam quick. Good score tho for $50.
    Phoenix likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post

Been eyeing that one myself!

Advise for the OP, go dual 18650 mod imo, much 'much' better battery life.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
    I was looking at these too. Decided on an Eleaf ipower. Same size but has a 5000mah battery. Admittedly the snow wolf does look better but single 18650's drain so dam quick. Good score tho for $50.
    How are you finding the Eleaf ipower Stomp?

I am thinking of getting one myself but waiting for some reviews.
    Stomp likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast