Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Kangertech Dripbox 75w a clone ?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Kangertech Dripbox 75w a clone ?

I was searching Vape stores online I noticed on one site the Kanger Dripbox as 75w "Note: Kanger has advise that the unit is 75W instead of 60w."
    I thought What, an updated model already. But searching I could only find this for the 75w version.
    Alibaba Manufacturer Directory

EDIT: I changed the wording in some posts. What i typed at the time came across differently after re-reading it. It seemed aggressive when it wasn't ment to be
    Last edited by Johnsy; 28-04-16 at 10:14 AM.

AVF Regular
    Could be just someone over spec'ing a device.

Link to melbourne store ?

If you're not sure just go with one of the stores mentioned here on AVF.

I just brought one on the weekend. I was looking for a vap shop around melbourne cbd for cotton and came across a shop selling the dripbox stating that kangertech had advised the dripbox is now 75w

I'm new to vaping so I'm still hesitant if infomation Iike that is true or false, but everything I've read it seems like their selling clones. I would be pissed if someone sold me one stating the wrong specs.
    Last edited by Johnsy; 28-04-16 at 10:09 AM.

AVF Regular
    I didn't realise the Dripbox was variable wattage? I thought you just got whatever voltage was in your battery.
    Just get an EPM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I didn't realise the Dripbox was variable wattage? I thought you just got whatever voltage was in your battery.
    You do, the DripMod is a MOSFET switched device. The coil will just see whatever voltage the battery is able to maintain.

The Kanger site still says 60 watts. It could be that the MOSFET can handle up to 75 watts but the single battery may not do this for very long. The Kanger statement of 60watts is probably more realistic however it's still confusing. They should have stated the design amperage for the device and left it at that. I guess the cloud chasers (Brah Clouds Brah) are too used to seeing a wattage rating on mods so Kanger felt they had to do that.
    hotdayum likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Its 75W of power on a full 4.2volt battery and drains from there. its not 60w this was confirmed by kanger and they need to make a statement. booklet says 60 but its 75W. i need to try find the thread on reedit and ill post, But here is a Youtube clip of the miss information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGD67NTBvME

P.S the vendor is ACEVAPE and i went over there last week and had a chat to Joe who i see regularly and he amended the information after contacting Kanger.
    Last edited by Jas; 27-04-16 at 09:55 PM.
    Gresh11, Dark, Dhufish and 1 others like this.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

AVF Regular
    No dramas by the sounds of it then.
    Jas likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Its 75W of power on a full 4.2volt battery and drains from there. its not 60w this was confirmed by kanger and they need to make a statement. booklet says 60 but its 75W. i need to try find the thread on reedit and ill post, But here is a Youtube clip of the miss information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGD67NTBvME

P.S the vendor is ACEVAPE and i went over there last week and had a chat to Joe who i see regularly and he amended the information after contacting Kanger.
    Nice work Jas!
    Jas likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

This is the reason why I was asking, as I mentioned I'm still new to vaping. I just found it strange that I could see no info regarding 75w from kanger themselves. But if this is the case I'm wrapped.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I do apologize if I did seem a bit negative in my posts from last night, my intent wasnt to smear a store I just wanted to find out if that infomation was true.
    I was arguing with my ISP at the time as to why I have no Internet or I should say why someone in Queensland has it, that's anthor story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast