AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Help with leaky Alpha BFT

I bought a 30mm Alpha BFT and it leaks every time I fill it. Now I can keep the leaking to a minimum by blocking the air holes with my fingers, filling it and then screwing the cap on part way then turning it upside down and finishing it off. But juice still comes out of the drip tip and a little out of the air holes. I cant tell you the diameter of my coils but they are 22g wrapped around the larger version of the standard blue screwdriver that comes with everything.

My guess is that my coil size is too small to hold enough cotton to sufficiently pack the big juice channels. I suspect this tank was designed for much larger coils, however I use mech mods exclusively and cant build coils large enough that meet my .23 ohm sweet spot. Anything larger needs thicker wire and has a longer heat up time. I had hoped that I could use this large tank as an all day vaper without having to fill it up all the time.

Right now I'm looking at maybe cutting extra cotton to pack the channels a bit firmer, or using 20g wire to build bigger coils to a lower resistance to help with heat up time. Is there anyone out there using this tank that can give me any pointers. Should I shelve this tank for the occasional cloud chasing or just put up with complicated filling and a bit of leaking, My mutation tank runs like a champ, but maybe this beast is just not for me.

AVF Regular
    Ive heard you need to really stuff the channels on these with cotton. Its possibly just flooding due to not enough cotton.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I think you may be right, cut some extra cotton and pack it in there. Then I can run smaller coils and still enjoy the large capacity. I used to live in Gladstone, working on the LNG project and building sheds on the mainland. I love that city, many fond memories...