Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By gate7

Thread: Dry hits all of a sudden with SS coils

AVF Regular

Dry hits all of a sudden with SS coils

Anyone have experience with dry hits on SS coils? Currently using 26g 6-7 wraps comes to about 0.43ohm in the bellus tank and I am beginning to get dry hits...

Only hitting it at about 22-23 watts

Seems worse with certain flavours (indigo vapor crouching Apple) I normally use 100%VG from velvet cloud on the same build and have not had this issue... Wanted to try this flavour again as it was what I first started with when I took up vaping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    Anyone have experience with dry hits on SS coils? Currently using 26g 6-7 wraps comes to about 0.43ohm in the bellus tank and I am beginning to get dry hits...

Only hitting it at about 22-23 watts

Seems worse with certain flavours (indigo vapor crouching Apple) I normally use 100%VG from velvet cloud on the same build and have not had this issue... Wanted to try this flavour again as it was what I first started with when I took up vaping
    Most likely wicking problems. Have you changed your wicking material at all recently, or the way you are doing things?

Wicking OK at first and then failing to keep up would slow wicking, or not enough wick to carry the amount of liquid.
    Hardly any juice flow is not wicking - juice too thick (like VG in colder weather) unsuitable wick material, or the juice path so stuffed with wick that it just can't flow.

Pull it apart, inspect it, rewick, and give it another go. Maybe thin the juice a little if you're running high VG.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 02-05-16 at 11:16 PM.
    Robray and merexy like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks fabricator4

Will try re-wicking, seems to be this particular juice... Same tank, same wick different juice is fine. I know velvet cloud dilute their juice with water, maybe the indigo juice is not diluted at all.

Was wondering if it could have anything to do with the coil material.

It wicks at first then fails to keep up

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    Thanks fabricator4

Will try re-wicking, seems to be this particular juice... Same tank, same wick different juice is fine. I know velvet cloud dilute their juice with water, maybe the indigo juice is not diluted at all.

Was wondering if it could have anything to do with the coil material.

It wicks at first then fails to keep up
    OK, sounds like it's wicking slowly. If rewicking does not help, try thinning it a little with a few drops of distilled water (sometimes a few drops of vodka are recommended)
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the advise it was definitely slow wicking issue, made some coils at 3mm diameter this time with 8 wraps on SS 28g. The dry hits are gone.

fabricator4 likes this.