Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Hardware for Disabled One handed

AVF Regular

Hardware for Disabled One handed

Hi All

need some help from everyone

My mother in law has had a stroke last year after being king hit working as a security guard, as such she only has control of the right side of her body

what i am after is if everyone could help me find a tank that she could use one handed (Topping up liquid, coil change)

in regards to cleaning and coil change i should be able to get her carers to help with that but at least topping up the liquid needs to be one handed

if everyone could maybe check the tanks you have etc and give some recommendations that would be amazing

looking forward to everyone's responses

Sean
    LimeB likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cuboid mini tank can be topped up easy enough if she can find a way to anchor the base whle topping it up - she may need some help with the coil part
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    The Smok TVF4 is a top fill tank that you just swing the top open. I think there might be others too. It could potentially be a top fill tank that can be operated with one hand.

If she has a stand that can hold the device firmly then it would make single hand filling easier.

A large dripper bottle without the cap screwed on would be the way to go for the liquid.

Edit: if the stand for the device can also clamp the device then it would make some of the other screw top fill devices more feasible eg triton 2 etc.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 06-05-16 at 03:38 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Hey Sean, sorry to hear about your mum-in-law, that's a nasty thing to happen to someone

Does it specifically have to be a tank? Maybe a dripper would work well, you just pour the juice down the driptip. You do have to do that a bit more often of course, but it is the one-handed job of a few seconds. SOme drippers have quite deep juice wells too. The coil itself should last months on end, you'd just need to change the wick every few days or so.

If you sit the dripper on some kind of squonking device then she won't even have to pour liquid in, the bottle's already in the device and just needs a quick thumb-squeeze to re-saturate the wick.
    fabricator4, disley, LimeB and 1 others like this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Hey Sean, sorry to hear about your mum-in-law, that's a nasty thing to happen to someone

Does it specifically have to be a tank? Maybe a dripper would work well, you just pour the juice down the driptip. You do have to do that a bit more often of course, but it is the one-handed job of a few seconds. SOme drippers have quite deep juice wells too. The coil itself should last months on end, you'd just need to change the wick every few days or so.

If you sit the dripper on some kind of squonking device then she won't even have to pour liquid in, the bottle's already in the device and just needs a quick thumb-squeeze to re-saturate the wick.
    I was about to suggest the same thing.

I was trying to go back a few years to find a thread for a member who had a similar issue. I think the answer was a couple of reo's for them.......I am digging in the memory banks and I think the issue was refilling the bottle....tricky to remove so needed multiple mods until someone else could do the bottle change/refil.

These days a svapiamo would be much lighter.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    +1 for the dripper idea Black Dog. I don't think the carers would be able to recoil, but maybe SpeedyAus or another vaper would be able to do that part.

That also leads me to the next logical recommendation which is for a temperature controlled device. It's much kinder on coils and wicks and they will last much longer between necessary maintenance.

Edit: Also, if she has a problem with the muscles on one side of her face she may sometimes have trouble getting air seal on the drip tip so the setup should be able to deal with variable amounts of air. I think temp control is perfect in this scenario as well.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 06-05-16 at 03:49 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sorry to learn about the mum in law mate.

This is what I love about this site, a person screams for help and in 15mins flat, gets the replies...you people are real;y awesome.

I may be wrong since I don't squonk, but wouldn't a quonker be ok too, since the filling part is very rare, just change bottles...
    merexy likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Are their any 20ml plus Squonkers out there?
    Something you would only need to change the bottle once a day.

I took a look at the Ez Dripper, but it only takes 15ml
    Perhaps if you could connect a 30/50ml juice bottle to it, may be?

Is she a tootie puffer or does she create her own weather systems?
    A large Carto tank, with a top fill screw perhaps.
    disley and CCVaper like this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    I suspect squonkers might be the way to go, but if she is more of a tootle-puffer the new Innokin tanks (think Prism T22 tank, and some others) have top fill and a pretty easy coil swap system. They have carto-like coils, where the coil forms the chimney and the 510 connection is part of the coil, so you just yank the whole coil out by grabbing the 510 connection and poke a new one in the hole (don't have to screw it onto anything).

You do still have to unscrew to topcap to fill, and the bottom cap to yank the coil out though.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I was about to suggest the same thing.

I was trying to go back a few years to find a thread for a member who had a similar issue. I think the answer was a couple of reo's for them.......I am digging in the memory banks and I think the issue was refilling the bottle....tricky to remove so needed multiple mods until someone else could do the bottle change/refil.

These days a svapiamo would be much lighter.
    His name was blue steel or something like that from memory
    D1git, gtadmin and Crisscross like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast