Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Best new vaper setup recomendation

AVF Regular

Best new vaper setup recomendation

Ok after 2 1/2 years of vaping I have been through a lot of stuff and at the moment have settled on Uwell crown tanks and .25 coils so I either sold all my other stuff (way too much to list) for cheap or gave it away to new vapers that I have converted.

Yesterday my brother came to visit who smokes 2 packs of Marlboro a day and says he wants to give up and wants to try vaping. He picks up one of my mods and says give me a go of that ( Vtc mini on 60 watts ) I said hang on that might not work for you but he has a go anyway and cough splutter cough- wow he says. I said I told you and had to laugh a little.

Anyway, a couple of beers later and me going through all my stuff. All I could find was an Aspire BDC mini I think they are called ( 2 ml tank ) and a couple of packs of BVC coils. I set that up for him on a mini jedi and 7.5 watts and he said that's way better. So I said take that home and see how you go.

So he rings me up tonight and says he hasn't had a smoke since he left my place yesterday and he thinks vaping might work for him and can I order him some gear, as I told him to keep what I gave him but he probably should get a backup setup as well so he doesn't get stuck if he breaks something and I don't want him going to the shops and buying another pack of smokes.

My question is what would people recommend these days for a newbie? There is so much new stuff available now compared to when I started only 2 1/2 years ago, I don't know what to recommend.

Cheers and Thanks.
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Joytech AIO maybe??

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    bank likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpy955 View Post
    Joytech AIO maybe??

I was checking them out just a while ago and they look alright for the price. Have you got one?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bank View Post
    I was checking them out just a while ago and they look alright for the price. Have you got one?
    Nah mate, im a total lung hitter. But lots of peeps have recommended them .

AVF Regular
    Just keep him on the jedi an maybe update the tank to something simple ?
    bank likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpy955 View Post
    Nah mate, im a total lung hitter. But lots of peeps have recommended them .

Yeah know what you mean, I love the Uwell crown tanks for the big airflow. I went from carto tanks to nautilus to silo tanks and subtank mini's and what ever else in between, can't remember. Just want to know what the latested and greatest is for a newbie.
    I could never go back to those tight draws, That's why I got rid of them all. Lung hits for me too but that doesn't work for everyone, That's what I told my brother but he learn't the hard way. I might order him an AIO and see how he goes, they are pretty cheap so not much to lose.

Cheers
    trumpy955 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nautilus is still a pretty good tank with the 1.8 clapton coil for mouth to lung.

Well a good starting point.
    bank and trumpy955 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
    Just keep him on the jedi an maybe update the tank to something simple ?
    Yeah I was thinking about getting him a nautilus but was just wondering if there is better out there these days and I reckon he does need a back up unit just in case, I wish I never got rid of all my old gear now. Anyway these AIO things look worth a try for under $30.
    Stomp likes this.

AVF Regular
    The ego AIO and Innokin Endura T18 are both awesome little back-up devices. We have both here.

I prefer the T18 because the tank isn't built into the mod, so he could use the BDC on the Endura batt or the T18 tank on the Jedi. Also if he gets a Nautilus mini down the road it works nicely on the T18 mod as they're both 18mm.
    bank and disley like this.

AVF Regular
    I have 2 of the the AIO and would recommend the T18 over it any day for new vapors, it may not be the most modern but its a great unit to carry around and great mtl setup. The AIO just doesn't have the airflow control to make it a great mtl setup.
    I also would put the aspire plato or joytech cuboid mini over the AIO for new vapors unless it came down to price, then the AIO wins hands down.
    muscovyduckling likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast