Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Warranty question?

AVF Regular

Warranty question?

Hey guys,
    just a quick question for the longer vapers out there that have more experience with warranty.
    I bought my first mod at the start of March (VTC mini) and lately noticed that all the tanks I put
    on the mod wobbled on the 510...as if the connection was loose inside the box.

So the tank screws on fine but then the whole thing "wobbles". When there is no tank on the mod and I shake it,
    something is loose inside the mod and it makes a noise.
    ( I never dropped the device and I treat my mods with care)

Is this enough for warranty?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Hey guys,
    just a quick question for the longer vapers out there that have more experience with warranty.
    I bought my first mod at the start of March (VTC mini) and lately noticed that all the tanks I put
    on the mod wobbled on the 510...as if the connection was loose inside the box.

So the tank screws on fine but then the whole thing "wobbles". When there is no tank on the mod and I shake it,
    something is loose inside the mod and it makes a noise.
    ( I never dropped the device and I treat my mods with care)

Is this enough for warranty?
    I would certainly consider that a warranty issue. You will probably need to either show the issue in RL or shoot a small video that clearly shows the problem. With warranty problems I consider the dollar value vs how much hassle it is to go through the process.

If you do decide to go through it be aware it's not normally quick and you need to follow the vendors process (should be documented in their site) if the warranty is 3minths you need to start now.
    Tara likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    You can only try... Good luck.

AVF Regular
    I bought the mod in Aus so the warranty process shouldn't be that painful.

Super Moderator
    1st step in finding out if its a warranty issue .... politely contact the seller with an enquiry
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    My VTC mini had a weird shifty wobble thing happening at first.

I threw it at the floor a bunch of times since then and it seems to have learned its lesson.

AVF Regular
    Should have used a hammer nakkers

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Should have used a hammer nakkers
    I got a bent bit where the battery goes I was thinking of taking a hammer to. :nod:

Specially seeing as I've already busted the magnet out of the housing there.

On a side note, anyone needs gear stress tested, just let me know.

AVF Regular
    I read a lot of reviews on Fasttech where people where having the same issues. A simple fix everyone was saying was to put a plastic washer between the mod and tank.

Current Mods = Joytech Cuboid 200w , eVic-VTC Mini 75w , Istick 120W and 40w , Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
    Current Tanks = Joytech Cubis , Smok TFV4 Mini , Smok TF-RTA G2 , S-body Astral Tank , Uwell Crown , Wotofo Serpent RTA , Geekvape Griffin RTA , Geekvape Griffin 25 RTA , Geekvape Tsunami RDA , Geekvape Avocado RDTA and Velocity v2 RDA clone

currently vaping 10mg Home Brewed E-juice

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    I got a bent bit where the battery goes I was thinking of taking a hammer to. :nod:
    Actually yes. It gets bent by dropping it on the base on the door side. The door transfers the force to the top plate which gets bent up. The same thing happened to my Kbox mini.

With the door in place, and the mod on it's base on a very hard surface, using a plastic handle or a soft hammer give it a couple of raps on the top plate close to where the bend starts. This will correctly get the bend out for you. Check for any gap along the door and adjust a bit more if required. Best preventative is to not drop your mode however ;-)

Specially seeing as I've already busted the magnet out of the housing there.

On a side note, anyone needs gear stress tested, just let me know.
    Well I thought Joyetech drop tested their devices. Depends on the criteria I guess. Bent but working is better than not working at all. Both the Kbox mini and the VTC seem to be able to put up with a surprising amount of punishment and still work.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 08-05-16 at 10:11 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast