Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Snidely_Whiplash

Thread: Difference between actual coil and mod display reading

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    282

    Difference between actual coil and mod display reading

    I have a Kanger SSOCC .5 ohm (cotton) coil on an Eleaf Istick TC40W mod. Does anyone know why the mod is showing that the coil is 0.64 ohms?

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    I have a Kanger SSOCC .5 ohm (cotton) coil on an Eleaf Istick TC40W mod. Does anyone know why the mod is showing that the coil is 0.64 ohms?
    Is it only with that tank/coil or does everything read high?
    There is variation in the actual coi resistances though 0.15ohm seems like a little much for that too me

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Try cleaning the contacts, both thread and centre pin on both devices. A speck of dirt can do that, and I think it's pretty easy to forget that this stuff needs cleaning daily. The only thing to use as a benchmark is probably an accurate atty ohmmeter. Also make sure that he centre is contacting firmly.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by nanokatz View Post
    Is it only with that tank/coil or does everything read high?
    There is variation in the actual coi resistances though 0.15ohm seems like a little much for that too me
    Hi. I just put my nautilus mini which has a 1.8 ohm coil on the mod and the mod is reading it as 1.95 ohms.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Try cleaning the contacts, both thread and centre pin on both devices. A speck of dirt can do that, and I think it's pretty easy to forget that this stuff needs cleaning daily. The only thing to use as a benchmark is probably an accurate atty ohmmeter. Also make sure that he centre is contacting firmly.
    Thanks. I'll do that and see if it makes a difference

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Posts
    2,298
    1 The Mods internal resistance
    2 The Atty's internal resistance
    3 Variations in the manufacturing of the coils
    4 Has the moon gone behind a cloud in outer Mongolia ?!?
    Any or all of the above
    fabricator4 and fixit like this.

    I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

    Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid



  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Everything is reading high then. If cleaning does not fix it then it's the internal resistance of the mod. Nothing you can do about that. It's fine as long as it's consistant, though it might make a difference for the TC baseline.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    282
    Ok.. So I cleaned my contact points & threads on atties and mod. The reading of the Kanger ssocc coil is now .63 (tiny difference) but the same for Nauti 1.8ohm coil. So if the Mod is reading high should i be turning my wattage lower or higher or lower than normal ... at the moment I set wattage at 25w for my.5ohm coil.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:22 AM.