Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By captive

Thread: Sense Herakles Hydra burnt taste.

AVF Regular

Sense Herakles Hydra burnt taste.

This is a bit random and I'm wondering if you can help.

After having this tank for about a fortnight with RY4/Apple pie juice in it and using it on a DNA30 clone at 30w I decided to try a friends Cuboid at 30w. One hit with the Cuboid and the flavour profile and taste has from a really nice apple pie flavour with a hint of RY4 through to tasting almost burnt. (totally my fault for assuming that one mod will be the same as the next... noob mistake)
    Have a cooked the coil?! And how the hell can one battery mod to the next make such a huge difference?! (Surely the amperage of the batteries wouldn't have cooked it??)
    I checked the coil and it doesn't seem burnt but who'd know. *sigh*

How the hell do you people vape with such high wattage devices?!

*edit - i pulled apart the coil and hell, a nice brown char in the cotton... But why??*
    Last edited by gurishka; 13-05-16 at 02:46 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    How the hell do you people vape with such high wattage devices?!
    I don't have one, but people always specify very specific coils to use. There's a few different types and some have better airflow and coil characteristics. They will will probably ask what coils you are using with it. It has the same coils as the Atlantis.

*edit - i pulled apart the coil and hell, a nice brown char in the cotton... But why??*
    Yep, there you go then, it's pooched. I've just had a similar experience with the heat on a VTC mini compared to the Kbox mini. Kbox mini was giving a cool vape at 22 watts, VTC mini I had to run it at 16 watts which I'm sure is not right. It's a huge discrepancy which I haven't figured out the reason for yet. The Titanium 0.46 coil runs fine on Kbox though. I might have to try a Kanthal coil but the Titanium coil is fine on the Kbox.

It pays to treat it as a new setup when you change devices like this, start with low power or temp and work your way up.
    gurishka likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Oh, one thing that can trip you up is a poor connection to the atty or coil. When you first put an RTA on a new device check that it is reading the correct resistance. If you get an abnormally high read when you first connect it but it drops down to normal when it's fired, that can fry your coil.

Make sure it's in power mode, not TC mode etc, all the usual stuff.
    gurishka likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Assuming you have been using the coil supplied with the tank you have been using a 1.8 ohm coil. 30 watts right at the upper end for a 1.8ohm, I would actually run it at about 15-20 watts.
    Also you said your mod is a "DNA30 clone" so it may not be very accurate compared to the cuboid.
    There is also a simple question is this the only coil you have used? If so you have been lucky to get 2 weeks out of it, it could simply be the coil was just clogged up and it was nothing more than bad timing.
    fabricator4 and gurishka like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm not a huge vaper... I maybe do it for an hour or so each day all broken up. But yes it was the first coil. My other tanks do quite well and it's been over a fortnight to a month with some.