Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Finally got my mini coil building sussed... :-)

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast QLD...
    Posts
    405

    Finally got my mini coil building sussed... :-)

    [IMG][/IMG]So after so many variations and attempts I've finally got my reo grand vv to produce a great vape at approx 1.8-2 ohms...

    Just had to build them while I was sober? Who knew?

    [IMG][/IMG]

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Moonee Beach
    Posts
    144
    Looks good! Whats the mod you are using? It mechanical?




    Current Mods = Joytech Cuboid 200w , eVic-VTC Mini 75w , Istick 120W and 40w , Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
    Current Tanks = Joytech Cubis , Smok TFV4 Mini , Smok TF-RTA G2 , S-body Astral Tank , Uwell Crown , Wotofo Serpent RTA , Geekvape Griffin RTA , Geekvape Griffin 25 RTA , Geekvape Tsunami RDA , Geekvape Avocado RDTA and Velocity v2 RDA clone

    currently vaping 10mg Home Brewed E-juice

    Jason Richards

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast QLD...
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by upinVape View Post
    Looks good! Whats the mod you are using? It mechanical?
    It's the reo grand vv... Variable voltage and cyclone atty.. Was a bit tricky being a mini atty but easy now, just need patience with bum fingers

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    569
    Looks good cep ive neva built a coil but got a kit of gear from the posty today and had a bit of a practice and a fair bit of you tubeing as well lol.

    What gauge wire is that and how many wraps

    I mainly am interested in coiling a Uno for my BB,s.

    But I also got a Squape Dream as well, what do you reckon I should use in gauge of wire and wraps to get 1-1.5 ohm build.

    The bloody Ohm meter in the coil master kit is a dud reads 8888 when turned on and no matter what I put on it it just goes to ---- , but the two coils I made read on my radius.

    PS the coils I made wernt real pretty I think I need a magnifier as the buggers are so small.

    Ive been going off the steam crave calculator and just practising really.

    This is the wire I got what can I build with this on the Squapy

    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 32AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 30AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 29AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 24 AWG

    Cheers Moza
    Crisscross and 81cep like this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by 81cep View Post
    Just had to build them while I was sober? Who knew?

    now try ribbon wire
    Crisscross, Stomp and 81cep like this.

    I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

    Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid



  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast QLD...
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by moza View Post
    Looks good cep ive neva built a coil but got a kit of gear from the posty today and had a bit of a practice and a fair bit of you tubeing as well lol.

    What gauge wire is that and how many wraps

    I mainly am interested in coiling a Uno for my BB,s.

    But I also got a Squape Dream as well, what do you reckon I should use in gauge of wire and wraps to get 1-1.5 ohm build.

    The bloody Ohm meter in the coil master kit is a dud reads 8888 when turned on and no matter what I put on it it just goes to ---- , but the two coils I made read on my radius.

    PS the coils I made wernt real pretty I think I need a magnifier as the buggers are so small.

    Ive been going off the steam crave calculator and just practising really.

    This is the wire I got what can I build with this on the Squapy

    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 32AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 30AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 29AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 24 AWG

    Cheers Moza

    Yeah I noticed u were getting into building..

    I've tried building my diver on bb but a pita!! Just sticking with bridge for now.

    I use the coil calculator app for iOS then I test it on my dna 200 to double check, that wrap is 10 1/2 wraps of 30 kanthal.

    30 is as fine as I'll go, I'm just not patient enough on the real fine stuff .. Even 30 is annoying to re wick for me anyway..

    Ps got my package, thanks mate...
    Last edited by 81cep; 20-05-16 at 10:39 PM.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by 81cep View Post
    Yeah I noticed u were getting into building..

    I've tried building my diver on bb but a pita!! Just sticking with bridge for now.

    I use the coil calculator app for iOS then I test it on my dna 200 to double check, that wrap is 10 1/2 wraps of 30 kanthal.

    Ps got my package, thanks mate...
    Oh Good glad the packaged arrive ok ,

    Yea from the Steam engine thingy that sounds right I will practice more and try that wrap u got going.

    I feel all fingers and thumbs at the moment.

    So youy have to be sober to do this ??

    That presents a problem lol

    Cheers
    Crisscross and 81cep like this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SW Victoria
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by moza View Post
    Looks good cep ive neva built a coil but got a kit of gear from the posty today and had a bit of a practice and a fair bit of you tubeing as well lol.

    What gauge wire is that and how many wraps

    I mainly am interested in coiling a Uno for my BB,s.j

    But I also got a Squape Dream as well, what do you reckon I should use in gauge of wire and wraps to get 1-1.5 ohm build.

    The bloody Ohm meter in the coil master kit is a dud reads 8888 when turned on and no matter what I put on it it just goes to ---- , but the two coils I made read on my radius.

    PS the coils I made wernt real pretty I think I need a magnifier as the buggers are so small.

    Ive been going off the steam crave calculator and just practising really.

    This is the wire I got what can I build with this on the Squapy

    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 32AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 30AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 29AWG
    A-1 Kanthal Resistance Wire
    Style: 24 AWG

    Cheers Moza
    Try 6 or 7 wraps of 29 on either a 2mm to 2.3mm diameter, should be close depending on your deck.
    Crisscross likes this.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Try 6 or 7 wraps of 29 on either a 2mm to 2.3mm diameter, should be close depending on your deck.
    Cheers mate will do !!
    Crisscross and merexy like this.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Geraldton WA
    Posts
    569
    Ok I am officially a coiler now !!!

    Perfect day for coiling pissing down rain and locked indoors.

    First build was a single coil 29g @ 1.7 ohm Micro with the coil master jig which came out all right and stuck it in The Squape X Dream on my radius with my fav Lucky 13 and was a nice Vape no leaks all good.

    So more Googling and watched Grim Greens youtube on twin coil build so gave that a go.

    Used steam engine and went for a 1ohm build .

    Had bit of trouble fitting twin coils on two post deck and it took a few(LOTS) goes to get it right.

    Came out at 1.2ohm and has been stable and same juice and Squape I'm vaping at 18w on radius and flavour is awesome.

    Being as its my first go at building I'm pretty happy next build I will try and go 0.6ohm.

    Only thing i can test my COIL resistance on is my Radius with the power wound down as the ohm meter in my coil master kit is a dud.

    Wasn't real impressed with the coiling jig in the kit either I ended up just using a screw driver shank and the coils came out reasonable

    Will prob look at getting some premade coils from fasttech if anyone can give me a heads up that they are OK,was looking today and they are so cheap a pack of 50 for under $10 !!!

    Big learning curve and glad I gave it a go and still got a lot to learn which is only practice and patience I suppose.

    Will do a few more tomorrow and take some picks.

    Still love my BB,S and Kabukis and Silo tanks but the Squape is definitely the best flavour out them all but just too big to be a pocket merchant.

    Spose I need a dripper now sighhhhhh !!!

    Cheers and thanks to every one for all there help.

    Now about that BB f5 war tonite !!!

    Wife wants AA bb now after I got her girlfriend one, FOMO IS A DISEASE !!!

    mOZA
    merexy and andron like this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:51 AM.